News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

New Pokemon Discussion

Started by Macawmoses, April 26, 2011, 06:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Discussion of all totally new Pokemon is to take place within this thread.

Zero

One idea I remember(keep in mind I haven't read the original thread in forever), is that leaking battery idea. Electric/Poison was its type I think.

Kayo

It's gonna have to evolve into something totally badass because a leaking battery isn't too great by itself. It's a battery, lol.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

A generator evolution would be kind of cool.

Kayo

Generator sounds almost steel-ish, since I'm picturing it made of metal, but Electric/Poison does make enough sense... I guess.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

JrDude

Steel/Poison? But you know, with electric moves? I think that was my original intent, I don't remember. But a Pokémon like this is GONNA LOOK Electric and/or steel. So one or the other. Both work for me.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Macawmoses

Steel/Poison would be interesting design wise (though Steel isn't gaining much from the pairing but a STAB of a fun move).

The Riddler

I think a Generator would have to be Electric, but that's just going on logic.

A battery as Steel/Poison or Electric/Poison would be fine. Other Pokemon HAVE changed types on evolution (Swablu - Normal/Flying -> Altaria - Dragon/Flying), so if that would make it work better there's an idea.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 26, 2011, 07:13:46 PM
I think a Generator would have to be Electric, but that's just going on logic.

A battery as Steel/Poison or Electric/Poison would be fine. Other Pokemon HAVE changed types on evolution (Swablu - Normal/Flying -> Altaria - Dragon/Flying), so if that would make it work better there's an idea.
Electric/Poison to Electric/Steel? I'd rather keep an Electric/Poison, even if it isn't exactly a generator.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

I think the concept of the battery leaking is what we need to focus on. That lends itself to poison/electric.

What can that potentially evolve into, if anything?

The Riddler

Cell Battery
AA Battery
9-Volt

Kayo

A battery can't really evolve into anything and retain the Electric/Poison type in a logical way.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kondor on April 26, 2011, 08:08:34 PM
A battery can't really evolve into anything and retain the Electric/Poison type in a logical way.
A bigger battery.

Kayo

Quote from: Riddler_Robin on April 26, 2011, 08:12:25 PM
A bigger battery.
...That sounds terrible. What can a battery do? Sounds way too much like a basic form to me.
[move][/move]

Macawmoses

The first would be, essentially, a single battery.

But I can see it progressing quite easily. Compare a car battery (which gets Acid leaks regularly enough) to a single AA battery. There's a clear progression [don't anyone dare bring up the scientific differences] in size and output.