Started by Leobreaker36, October 10, 2007, 02:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomful

DG > TOS > every other RPG > pokemon

Kaz

Quote from: Tomful on November 09, 2007, 05:58:15 PM
DG > TOS > every other RPG > pokemon

lol

The Indiana Jones Role-Playing Game, better than Pokemon? I think not.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Silverhawk79

I personally liked Baten Kaitos better, although they both had bad voice acting. The BK battle system was creative and awesome, and the ToS battle system...well, it usually ended up just being a button mash. Plus the BK story was actually good, and the ToS story was kind of...bleh.
I still like both of the games, though.

7Deadly$ins

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on November 15, 2007, 12:38:30 PM
I personally liked Baten Kaitos better, although they both had bad voice acting. The BK battle system was creative and awesome, and the ToS battle system...well, it usually ended up just being a button mash. Plus the BK story was actually good, and the ToS story was kind of...bleh.
I still like both of the games, though.
Heh, I don't here many complaints on ToS's voice acting, they mostly hired from a professional cast. I thought BK VAs were worse but it doesn't really bother me much anymore.

I <3 BK, though, so... >.> Bit obsessive, actually... I have like 1000 posts on a BK forum which is kind of a lot, actually, being that we only have 105 members, maybe 30 of which are active. >.>
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

Kraziwun

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on October 25, 2007, 05:29:18 PM
The voice acting is terrible. The story is predictable and takes itself too seriously. The supposed "plot twists" are seen a coming a mile away. The personalities of most of the characters are pretty generic, especially Kratos. Collette is practically useless, not to mention annoying. The music is unimaginitive and boring.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy the game. I just don't allow myself to be blind to the many things that are wrong with the game.

People always say, "the story was so predictable, it's all so cliche..."

Well, maybe I don't play enough RPGs, or I'm just really blind or something, because I didn't think it was predictable or cliche. xD I loved the story.

And I fell in love with the characters too.

Not to mention that it was just fun to play.

One of my favorite games of all time.

Kaz

Quote from: Kraziwun on November 24, 2007, 11:07:00 PM
Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on October 25, 2007, 05:29:18 PM
The voice acting is terrible. The story is predictable and takes itself too seriously. The supposed "plot twists" are seen a coming a mile away. The personalities of most of the characters are pretty generic, especially Kratos. Collette is practically useless, not to mention annoying. The music is unimaginitive and boring.

Don't get me wrong. I really enjoy the game. I just don't allow myself to be blind to the many things that are wrong with the game.

People always say, "the story was so predictable, it's all so cliche..."

Well, maybe I don't play enough RPGs, or I'm just really blind or something, because I didn't think it was predictable or cliche. xD I loved the story.

And I fell in love with the characters too.

Not to mention that it was just fun to play.

One of my favorite games of all time.

"I am your father."

Yeah, the biggest plot twist is one that's been used a million and a half times. Kratos is Lloyd's father. Whoopee. Not exactly exciting or original.

During the Angel Toxicosis part, it became pretty obvious after the first time Collette collapsed that this was going to keep happening, and that she was changing radically because of her angel transformation.

It was also pretty obvious to me that she was going to have to sacrifice herself. After all, angels aren't humans.

Plus, the whole split-world concept has been seen plenty of times...most of the times it's dark/light or something to that effect, though.

I dunno...it just seems like after you get into the game, none of the big surprises are really that...surprising. At all. The game plays like they should be, but they're not.

Jono2

I wasn't expecting the split-worlds thing until I realized that I still had another disk and a half to play through, and I was at the tower of salvation. :P

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Kaz

Quote from: Jono2 on November 27, 2007, 02:12:41 PM
I wasn't expecting the split-worlds thing until I realized that I still had another disk and a half to play through, and I was at the tower of salvation. :P

Yeah, it became pretty obvious at that time that there was going to be some big extra ordeal involving both worlds, since the secret of Te'thealla's existance had already been spoiled at that time.

I think the timing of the big secrets could've been better.

PsychoYoshi

Quote from: Kazooie-Banjo on November 28, 2007, 02:59:22 AM
Quote from: Jono2 on November 27, 2007, 02:12:41 PM

Yeah, it became pretty obvious at that time that there was going to be some big extra ordeal involving both worlds, since the secret of Te'thealla's existance had already been spoiled at that time.

I think the timing of the big secrets could've been better.

Such as Kratos revealing that he was Lloyd's father like...I dunno...during the first time you visit the Tower of Salvation...maybe earlier? Like...right when he saves you at the very beginning? :p

Rius

I don't think ToS was all that predictable, and it's hard to find original plots these days; everything is based off something else. I also enjoyed the voice actors and felt that the game had some of the best voice acting on the GameCube. The overall music was a bit generic, but Derris-Kharlan's theme is most certainly epic, and you can tell from my avatar that I fell in love with one of the characters. <3
ToS may not be the best RPG of all time, but it is most certainly my favorite (along with Skies of Arcadia: Legends and Kingdom Hearts II).

Triforce_Luigi

I enjoyed the game immensely and still do.

Mega9

Yeah I enjoy the game alot. I don't play it anymore though.
NiGHTS FC (4210-2737-9149)

Sky_Dragon

Probably the most overrated (by fans at least) game on the cube.

Though it's still fairly good.

Talim

In my opinion, Tales of Symphonia was the BEST game i've ever played. Ever. It had an awesome story, amazing music, and the characters were awesome too. ^^ I've never played any game that was better than ToS and I don't think I ever will. ;o Unless the Tales of Symphonia sequel is better, that is.