<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Thinking of purchasing a domain

Started by Kayo, March 11, 2008, 11:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

i think ima go with nsiderforums.net >:D

j/k

but i think i might purchasing a domain for my site. so, i'm asking you, should i do it? i'm wondering. also help with anything would be nice kthnx. :)
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Jono2

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Jono2 on March 11, 2008, 11:48:32 AM
nsiderforums.o*is shot*
We already bought it. :B
Also, if you feel like buying a $10 domain, go for it.
You'll still have to set up the nameservers and domain locks and everything.
You'll also need either a Paypal or a credit/debit card, unless you go the cheapass way and complete a bunch of offers for credit.
Oh wait.

Kayo

i'll get my mommy to use her card since i dont have one. :B

i'll just pay her the cash.

so, is this a good idea?
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Cecil_and_Kain

Quote from: KAOS on March 11, 2008, 12:29:33 PM
i'll get my mommy to use her card since i dont have one. :B

i'll just pay her the cash.

so, is this a good idea?
NO

BOSSNIG

The internet will crash the day you get a website.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Riosan

Quote from: Darklink on March 11, 2008, 01:20:51 PM

Not to mention, no one even goes to his website in the first place. :B
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Friendly Hostile

Lotos

Quote from: Riosan on March 11, 2008, 01:26:55 PM
Quote from: Darklink on March 11, 2008, 01:20:51 PM

Not to mention, no one even goes to his website in the first place. :B

Y hello thar.

Yoshi_R

Let's see... to not be harsh and say the true reality of the fact your site isn't the best let's read this list of what your forum should be before purshaisng a domain now shall we?

1. A good forum where everyone comes everday (or atleast 20 or so members)
2. A forum with activity or decidated to one (WoW guild for ex.) (another good example Knitting)
3. The forum must have some sort of jist (a IRC to it let's just say)
4. The forum must atleast contribute some off topic disscusion but not to much to make the off topic disscusion boring.
5. Your name for the domain must be aquatie if you going for something stupid like Kaos Core or Fairy land your out of luck.

Thank you... also I hate to say your forum isn't the best one I have ever seen.

Kayo

Quote from: Yoshi_R on March 11, 2008, 02:27:54 PM
Let's see... to not be harsh and say the true reality of the fact your site isn't the best let's read this list of what your forum should be before purshaisng a domain now shall we?

2. A forum with activity or decidated to one (WoW guild for ex.) (another good example Knitting)
4. The forum must atleast contribute some off topic disscusion but not to much to make the off topic disscusion boring.
5. Your name for the domain must be aquatie if you going for something stupid like Kaos Core or Fairy land your out of luck.

i never said that i'm talking about my forum >:(
[move][/move]

Yoshi_R

Quote from: KAOS on March 11, 2008, 02:30:37 PM

Also the admin needs expirence, and the forum should have already been tested before through a free forum site, or various other ways.

Kaos sadly you lack the expirence and if tis not your forum then it hasn't been tested. No domain for u.

Kayo

Quote from: Yoshi_R on March 11, 2008, 02:35:31 PM

Also the admin needs expirence, and the forum should have already been tested before through a free forum site, or various other ways.

Kaos sadly you lack the expirence and if tis not your forum then it hasn't been tested. No domain for u.
why thank you for the help.

Back to the main question!

should i? i dunno if i wanna spend the money, but it isnt much...
[move][/move]

Yoshi_R

Quote from: KAOS on March 11, 2008, 02:42:32 PM
Quote from: Yoshi_R on March 11, 2008, 02:35:31 PM

why thank you for the help.

Back to the main question!

should i? i dunno if i wanna spend the money, but it isnt much...
The simple answer is no. I know a certain member GCF of old NSider who wasted money on our CH spinoff. Now failed forums and a horrible rep has made him a laughing stock to the community. Now you... Kaos your gonna head towards the same faith if you buy a domain don't save money. Get a game. If your going to buy a domain you need preperation which it seems you barely have.