News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

What was your first Pok?mon card? :3

Started by Zovistograt, August 09, 2009, 04:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

You know you had at least one at one time, so what was your first one?

Ah, I remember the days of yore...I mean...elementary school...when I was given a Diglett by a friend who didn't want it.  I bonded with that Diglett and carried it around wherever I went, and had it in my desk for a long time.  It made me go buy my first pack, one of the Charizard ones from when they first came out.  The first card from that pack was, you guessed it, Charizard.  From then I was hooked for years until finally they became worthless and now they sit in those two little binders gathering dust and memories.

I still have the Diglett.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

tibar21

the first card i saw when I opened my first pack was Mankey. I wish I could say I still had it. Unfortunately, my little siblings f***ed with all my pokemon cards and most of them got thrown away. I still have all my holo-foils though.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

bluaki

I think my first cards were a whole bunch of them given to me by somebody all at once. All of them being gen 1, of course.

Gwen Khan

Ponyta, Machop, another Pokemon, and an energy, a friend of my sister gave them to her, and she gave them to me

Qsmash

First gen Ivysaur.

The Riddler

Charmander.

I loved it.

Then some poop hole from the next block stole it.

Then my older brother and his friends went and beat the poop out of him, and took his Charmeleon for me.

But I was still upset. I was an ungrateful bastard.

RX-78-2

I wish I remembered, but I'm pretty sure it was from my first pack as well, a Japanese pack (just like my first Yu-gi-oh! card pack). I still have most if not all of my cards and only stopped collecting because I was spending lots of money on them. I still buy a tin or 10 packs (of the newest pack and older packs that I missed) about once or twice a year, just to see what I'm kind of missing out on. All of these statements also apply to my Yu-gi-oh! card collecting. Some of my first classic common cards were (from the jungle pack, fossil pack, the first pack (name?) or booster decks: Pikachu (obviously), Mewtwo (from the deck), Weedle, Oddish, Electrode (Japanese), Grimer, and other classics.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Nayrman

I honestly can't remember which specific card I saw first. However, I know my first star card (the rare one per pack with the star at the bottom) was the worthless item star.

I still have all my old cards. They go up to Gen. 2, which was when I lost interest and the cards became worthless. I still have all my eevee's and eeveelutions up to that point. I even have japanese Umbreons and Espeons. I have Dark Mew, the original holo Charizard (that went for as high as 130 dollars back in the day), and some sweet rare ones. I even have the "rainbow island" packs from before the second gen came out and ones like Ledyba were first being shown. Good times good times.

jnfs2014

I have the freakin' movie-exclusive Suicune, which is also the mascot for my favorite game, Pokemon Crystal.

Nayrman

Quote from: JNFS2014 on August 09, 2009, 06:18:02 PM
I have the freakin' movie-exclusive Suicune, which is also the mascot for my favorite game, Pokemon Crystal.
I've got two ancient mew's from the second movie.  ;D
I sadly don't have any from the first movie, I didn't see it in theaters because I heard it was terrible. Honestly speaking the second movie was probably the best...

RX-78-2

Quote from: Nayrman on August 09, 2009, 06:20:08 PM
I've got two ancient mew's from the second movie.  ;D
I sadly don't have any from the first movie, I didn't see it in theaters because I heard it was terrible. Honestly speaking the second movie was probably the best...

I have two ancient Mew cards as well as other movie promos from different movies.

A bit off topic, but personally, I like the newer Pok?mon movies. In fact, all of the ones after Pok?mon 4ever I believe it was called. The first two ones were okay. The Hoenn ones I think are the best, as Hoenn is my favorite region, and I like May more than Misty. I might start a thread on this.

So_So_Man

My first was either a ponyta or a diglett, Im not sure which.  Possibly both.  After that (or before, as previously stated I cant remember) I got a whole bunch of fake cards, which I have managed to lose.  From time to time I still buy a pack or a deck.  Now for something completely off topic (maybe not, its still cardgame related) one time I got a pack of yugioh cards that had 4 rares and 1 super rare.  Also slightly off topic (though more on topic), this person I know is officially Canada's best Pokemon Card Gamer (or maybe best for age group, im not sure).

RX-78-2

Quote from: So_So_Man on August 09, 2009, 10:01:27 PM
Also slightly off topic (though more on topic), this person I know is officially Canada's best Pokemon Card Gamer (or maybe best for age group, im not sure).

Cool. I always loved playing the card game and hearing about those big TCG tournaments. I never really played with other people, but I have an official Pok?mon Trading Card Game computer game that's pretty good. It teaches you how to play and everything. Very fun.

By the way, if anyone wants info in case you didn't know on the TCG and/or tournaments, they have tons of it on http://www.go-pokemon.com/worlds/2009/. Some of it sounds pretty cool actually. You also could try http://www.pokemon.com/ for other information, obviously.

Friendly Hostile

All the cards in the original starter deck.

The TCG has gotten overpowered now though.  The weaknesses are no longer double the damage and resistance has changed quite a bit.  Not to mention the multitude of ridiculously overpowered attacks, and attack like water gun with the limiters removed.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Friendly Hostile on August 11, 2009, 04:37:21 PM
The TCG has gotten overpowered now though.  The weaknesses are no longer double the damage and resistance has changed quite a bit.  Not to mention the multitude of ridiculously overpowered attacks, and attack like water gun with the limiters removed.
Ya, recent cards are very overpowered (though not as much as a mewtwo-only deck from the original series)