News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Pokemon BR lol wut

Started by Zero, April 11, 2010, 06:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

So I just got this game off my gf's brother without much effort and I start it up, copy my pokemon over and apparently my scizor is a bad egg according to the game.

What the hell?

So any ideas on how to fix this?

ThePowerOfOne

Lotos

Pokemon BR?  Wut?

Quote from: Phaze on April 11, 2010, 07:32:13 PM
Stop hacking.

Couldn't the game card have been hacked?

Use a flash card (R4 is the cheapest at $6 at shoptemp), modify/check the saves Pokesav, extract a/the Pokemon as .pkm files and run it through Legality Checker (look for the .zip or .rar ;I forget which extention it is.  It should have about three programs in there -- off memory -- one being legality checker and another being a trash bytes checker or something similar).  Make backups of your valuable Pokemon (events, powerful pokemon, valuable (legit) shinies (I'm going to do this eventually).

Zero

Quote from: Phaze on April 11, 2010, 07:32:13 PM
Stop hacking.

Uh, no, he isn't hacked. None of my pokemon are. Even so, with Pokesav, your pokemon are hacked, but its so stealthy that Nintendo cant tell. I've already tested it out, Pokesav pokemon aren't bad eggs as long as you don't intercourse  with a pokemon's natural stats/moves/abilities/etc.

I started to think about what was different about my Scizor, and its the intercourse ing Comp Ball. It's the only pokemon I had that was in a Comp Ball so I decided to go and catch a Weedle by forwarding my game to Tuesday and sure enough, its a bad egg. The Comp Ball is what does it, and this is really gay. I'm hoping this is just a weird glitch or something.

Quote from: Lotos on April 12, 2010, 08:33:16 AM
Pokemon BR?  Wut?

Pokemon Battle Revolution.

bluaki

This is actually the first serious issue I've seen of the new Pokeballs.

It seems that any Pokemon at all caught with an HGSS-only Pokeball (CompeBall or Kurt's balls) will probably be detected as a cheated Pokemon with an invalid ball ID by Battle Revolution. The other DS games, however, ignore the issue and simply render its sprite as a normal Pokeball.