News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Good, trophies are back

Started by Tsu, September 24, 2007, 04:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsu

One of my favorite parts of Melee was going to the little vendor and testing my luck by popping in coin after coin.

Glad to see 'em back.

Kitchensink 3

I hope you can do more with coins this time around, like buying stages and alt. costumes.

Generalq

I'm also very happy that trophies are back. I loved finding them and reading their info.

I also enjoyed getting those trophies from the coin machine, especially after I figured out the secret ;)

Tsu

Quote from: Generalq on September 24, 2007, 05:01:22 PM
I'm also very happy that trophies are back. I loved finding them and reading their info.

I also enjoyed getting those trophies from the coin machine, especially after I figured out the secret ;)

Secret, you say?

Do tell.  ;)

PhilliesPhan

Quote from: Kitchensink 3 on September 24, 2007, 04:46:03 PM
I hope you can do more with coins this time around, like buying stages and alt. costumes.
Alt. Costumes would own!

http://oneclickwifi.net/
Awesome site!
Check it out, I'm PhilliesPhan on there also!

WiseWarrior

Quote from: Tsu on September 24, 2007, 05:03:18 PM

Secret, you say?

Do tell.  ;)

I think he means that you can take out your memory card so if you don't get one you want you can just reset, you save if you get one you like, then take it out, repeat, ect.

Generalq

Quote from: WiseWarrior on September 24, 2007, 05:18:55 PM
Quote from: Tsu on September 24, 2007, 05:03:18 PM

Secret, you say?

Do tell.  ;)

I think he means that you can take out your memory card so if you don't get one you want you can just reset, you save if you get one you like, then take it out, repeat, ect.
That's half of it ;)

The other half is that the game seems to follow a compound probability algorithm, so that if 4 coins are worth 9.8%, and 25 coins is worth 90%, putting in 4 coins and then putting in 25 coins increased your chances of getting a new trophy to around 94.9% or so. That way, when you were going for the last few trophies, you could just put in 1-5 coins first, and then put in 25 and get a trophy you don't have almost every time. I don't know the exact details of how it works, though, because I never tested it completely. For some reason it seems to reset the compound probability after you break around 5 coins or so.

Ridley

...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

NYOXIC

Quote from: Kitchensink 3 on September 24, 2007, 04:46:03 PM

Yes, IMO coins were not used enough in Melee.
[glow=green,2,300]Proud Member of the Royal Kingdom[/glow]

Registered on the original NS on 10/13/06.

Leobreaker36

it would be awesome if they were like poseable action figures!  :D

RoarOfAges[

Tsu

Quote from: Leobreaker36 on September 24, 2007, 10:35:03 PM
it would be awesome if they were like poseable action figures!  :D

Great idea, but quite hard to do.