Final Fantasy XIV: The Great War. A Semi-literate Final Fantasy Roleplay.

Started by jnfs2014, December 31, 2008, 04:15:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triforce_Luigi

The train arrived soon enough,  and Drake approached the mayor of the town hoping for a house.

((Do you control the Mayor?))

jnfs2014

((Sure.))

After Chris got done, he laid down once more for a short nap.

Triforce_Luigi

"Do you have any empty houses that I can live in for a while?" Drake asked the mayor. "I can work or something to pay off rent."

jnfs2014

"My, my," said the Mayor and disgust,"so many young people want to live here.
Sadly, I have no houses for you to rent. But perhaps you can ask the young
man at the edge of town."

Triforce_Luigi

"Okay, thanks," replied Drake. It was better than nothing. He proceeded to head to the edge of said town, arriving at a house that seemed relatively unused. Figuring that this was probably the right place, he knocked on the door.

jnfs2014

Chris slowly got out of his bed and answered the door. "What do you want?"

Triforce_Luigi

"Yeah, I asked the mayor for a house," explained Drake. "He said to ask the guy who lived here."

jnfs2014

Chris opened his eyes and saw a young man about his own age.
"Sure," he replied,"come on in."

Triforce_Luigi

jnfs2014

"Well," Chris went on,"as you can see, this is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath house, perfect for
us."

Triforce_Luigi

"That's convenient," remarked Drake. "How much rent will I have to pay?"

jnfs2014

(( 10,000 Gil per month ))

"None, since you came here exactly as I did. We will do work for the townsfolk, and they will provide us with room and board."

Triforce_Luigi

"I'm good with that," said Drake.

((Something needs to happen soon, or this'll get boring fast.))

jnfs2014

((Sure, just give us a few RP days.))

A few days passed before something extraordinary happened. Since Chris had the day shift, he was patrolling when he heard...marching. He quickly ran back to his house to warn Drake.

Triforce_Luigi

Drake was sleeping, since he had the night shift. He got up groggily, and bored, went out to see if anything was happening. As soon as he got out, he heard something. It sounded like drum beats, but it was too distant to be sure. He turned to Chris.

"Okay, what the hell is going on?"