Rap
15 (27.3%)
Rock
44 (80%)
Neither
6 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Lotos

One of the ultimate questions.  Rap or Rock?

Fuck.  I screwed up on the poll  :-\

Thanks for moving it, JMV  ;)

Mystic

I vote both, cause they both have good and bad songs.

JMV

No problem.  ;)

I voted both, because I love both.

I prefer rap though, just not the snap sub-genre which I find to be horrible.

Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Sol Zero the Warrior

I'm a rock guitarist for a reason. I love rock man. And I hate rap with a passion rivaled only by Country and Techno.

Razer

I prefer rock to rap by a wide margin. :P

But there's those few rap artists that made me like it enough to vote for both. <3
*ahem*Jurassic5*cough*

Bone Thug

NJNETSFAN15

I like Rock. Not modern rock, either.

I hate all modern music equally, considering it's the same series of words said over and over again, yet is called catchy because a five year old could remember Party like a rock star, because a five year old probably wrote the lyrics.

I don't like old rap, either. Older Rock, such as Led Zepplin, black sabbath, Jimi Hendrix, etc Mainly because, while they had good vocals, they also had excellent instrumentals.

blue_slime

I voted Rock and Neither, because I like some Rock, but only some.  And I don't like Rap much.

Medli

A few rap artists are cool in my book (John Reuben plz). But I'm pretty much a rocker. However, I do find a few cleverly placed lines of rap in rock songs to be really kickin' (a la Kutless).

Shadow1000

"One of the ultimate questions"? Hardly. Rap vs  Rock is one of the stupidest debates around. You're just as good asking, "Oh hey guys, do you liek Scandinavian folk or Happy Hardcore? :B"

Both genres have a lot of good stuff, both new and old, and they both have a lot of awful stuff, new and old. This applies for any genre, too, mind you -- the key part of this 'debate' is one's personal preference. There's no right answer and there never will be. Purists of each genre are also some of the most intolerant people I've met, so that just fuels my anti-rap vs. rock position.

Having generalised both parties, I'm not voting, because I love them both, and many other genres. ^_^

Tahrann

I picked neither, because im a metal head. Rock is too light and im not much on rap
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

Zovistograt

Quote from: Tahrann on September 27, 2007, 01:54:12 PM
I picked neither, because im a metal head. Rock is too light and im not much on rap
metal = a kind of rock

:-\
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tahrann

Quote from: Zovistograt on September 27, 2007, 01:59:42 PM
Quote from: Tahrann on September 27, 2007, 01:54:12 PM
metal = a kind of rock

:-\

Sorta but not really, the vocals and how many guitars in there changes the whole setup, so i dont cound metal as rock. Metal is its own machine
Puts the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again!

A-kun

There's good and bad in the world of rock/rap. It's so diverse, it's pointless to dismiss it easily as simple genres. I vote both, since I'm a fan of good music in general.

Sol Zero the Warrior

Being a bit of a metal head rock and metal both have a good amount of their work taken from blues. And metal is somewhat a form of rock just usually in a different tuning.