15 (27.3%)
Rock
44 (80%)
Neither
6 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 55

JMV

Quote from: Cardinal on October 01, 2007, 06:33:06 PM
By the power invested in JMV, he's kept my from responding to a few posts in this thread. Curses.

Rap by a large margin.
Yeah, sorry.  :P

I just had to be fair and block flaming on both sides.
Boyah Forums | Join Boyah

Riosan

Rock. Most of the songs on my iPod are some form of rock genre. Alternative rock, power metal, piano rock, you get the idea.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Cardinal

Quote from: JMV290 on October 02, 2007, 03:25:11 PM
Quote from: Cardinal on October 01, 2007, 06:33:06 PM
By the power invested in JMV, he's kept my from responding to a few posts in this thread. Curses.

Rap by a large margin.
Yeah, sorry.  :P

I just had to be fair and block flaming on both sides.

I understand. :P

CONMAN15

I definately prefer rock over rap. Rock obviously has the majority,

JMV

Yoshigal and Phayto, both consider this warning.

http://nsiderforums.net/index.php?topic=1500.0

Read that thread before flaming music.

Linkman

Rock,

Adding IMO doesn't get you around the rules.

YoshiGal7

Quote from: JMV290 on October 03, 2007, 03:53:04 PM
Yoshigal and Phayto, both consider this warning.

http://nsiderforums.net/index.php?topic=1500.0

Read that thread before flaming music.
It wasn't a flame. I was explaining why I don't like the music, not flaming it. But whatever, you're the admin, you decide.

TheKoopaBros.

I'm not a fan of rap, so I easily picked rock over it.

To me rap just sounds like fast talking with a beat. I'm also not a fan of the generally vulgar lyrics. >_<

DarkZero

Okay.

I strongly dislike rap because my ears cannot bear the horridness. I don't understand how people can listen to it. NO OFFENSE TO THOSE WHO *shudder* LIKE RAP, but my mind would implode before I began to appreciate rap. Here's a main reason: People who like it tend to blast it, and nobody cares what you're listening to, so keep it to yourselves.

In the rock area, I like rock sometimes, although metal is cooler. If you want a more detailed response from me, please feel free. I've had multiple rants about this and I'm not afraid to do it again.

Cardinal

um darkzero wtf

Did you not read the floated thread?

Adding "no offense" doesn't put you past the rules, nor does it override the "horridness" and "mind implode".

also i change my answer

To rap, followed closely by rock.
Gotta love Muse, Toad, and others. <333333333

JMV

Quote from: DarkZero on October 04, 2007, 04:56:09 PM
Okay.

I strongly dislike rap because my ears cannot bear the horridness. I don't understand how people can listen to it. NO OFFENSE TO THOSE WHO *shudder* LIKE RAP, but my mind would implode before I began to appreciate rap. Here's a main reason: People who like it tend to blast it, and nobody cares what you're listening to, so keep it to yourselves.

In the rock area, I like rock sometimes, although metal is cooler. If you want a more detailed response from me, please feel free. I've had multiple rants about this and I'm not afraid to do it again.
You could use the same excuse for rock though.   My neighbor comes home after midnight blasting heavy metal.  The feeling of bass rushing through your body is an amazing feeling.

also, for everyone:

http://www.youtube.com/v/ZSOVVhfm1vk
"Into The Arms of Angels" - Army of The Pharaohs

http://www.youtube.com/v/pXtQE-MhY5k
"Caught in a hustle" - Immortal Technique

http://www.youtube.com/v/siBCajh2g5E
"Dance" - Nas

http://www.youtube.com/v/564d3daeP-0
"Black Winter Day" - Jedi Mind tricks

Yes, rap may seem like "talking to a beat" to those who may not listen to it, but when I listen to it I hear quality music. I find it to be as much as singing as is the vocals in rock music.   I stay away from the stuff on the radio, which is generally about insignificant things.   I also cannot stand the "Snap" subgenre (Dem Franchize Boyz, D4L, Soulja Boy).  I listen to a lot of underground stuff, which you won't find on MTV or the radio.  You need to seriously be interested to find the stuff.  I find it to be some of the best stuff out there. Yes, the songs may contain profanity but it's not excessive.  Profanity can be used to enhance the music, it can add a shock factor, it can be even frequently to set a different mood for a song.   Some people may be offended, but you're going to find the swearing in any genre.   I love both rap and rock, and both have plenty of profanity. 

The stuff I listen to is generally concerning political issues (Immortal Technique tends to do a lot of his music on this.  I find him to be a great rapper.), social issues, and personal issues.    I'm not sure if you'll like the songs I mentioned, but I just did a quick search on YouTube and grabbed songs by a few artists.   

When done correctly rap music can be a beautiful thing.  Corporations tend to ruin good music though,   the best you'll find in the mainstream is stuff like Eminem and Kanye.   Underground is teaming with wonderful music.     Try to listen to more music before turning away from rap.

I'm sure you rock fans don't listen to the stuff played on the radio such as Fall Out Boy(most of you),  I'm sure you listen to stuff that most people who aren't really into rock might not know.   Rap is the same way.   You need to stray away from the stuff on radio and find the good stuff.     

JMV

Quote from: Cardinal on October 04, 2007, 07:48:37 PM
um darkzero wtf

Did you not read the floated thread?

Adding "no offense" doesn't put you past the rules, nor does it override the "horridness" and "mind implode".

also i change my answer

To rap, followed closely by rock.
Gotta love Muse, Toad, and others. <333333333
Muse is awesome.

"Muscle Museum" is something I can listen to repeatedly.

...̅̅̅

Cardinal

Thanks for the vids, JMV. I needed more musicz.

JMV

Quote from: Cardinal on October 05, 2007, 01:14:41 PM
Thanks for the vids, JMV. I needed more musicz.
NP.  I was also going to include "So Long" by Magnetic North but I could only find some poopty Naruto AMVs with the song and I wasn't going to defend rap while posting anything remotely related to Naruto.