News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Toy Story 3 (spoilers obviously)

Started by Nayrman, June 20, 2010, 09:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Heya all. Just got back from seeing Toy Story 3 (went with my dad on Father's day).

It's been 15 years already?

Pixar, this is why we all love you. It's almost shameful Disney puts it's logo in front of yours.
Overall a REALLY good movie, and was made as much for us (those of use who were kids back then in 1995, god has it really been fifteen years), with a good plot and no where near a rehash. Sure, there were some jokes that were in the first ones that were meant for fans, but none of them were blatantly in your face...well, besides THE CLAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!
Seriously, another brilliant piece of work from Pixar, not that I would ever doubt them. But at last, the series is pretty much over. Oh I'm sure they'll make a fourth one eventually just on how darn popular it is.
And yeah, it got to me at the end, when Andy played with the toys one last time before heading off, it got to me. For the jaded, cynical bastard I've become over time, Pixar managed to find that chink from back when we were all little in '95. And THAT'S why I want to make movies, thanks Pixar for confirming that much.

And the Sid cameo was awesome, thanks for that.

Playat

Sid made a cameo in the movie? :/
Yeah this movie was amazing as expected from Pixar. Can't wait to get it on DVD!

Nayrman

Quote from: Playat on June 20, 2010, 11:21:43 AM
Sid made a cameo in the movie? :/
Yeah this movie was amazing as expected from Pixar. Can't wait to get it on DVD!
notice how the garbage guy who picks up trash at Andy's house has the same skull shirt Sid wore.

Playat

Quote from: Nayrman on June 20, 2010, 11:28:49 AM
notice how the garbage guy who picks up trash at Andy's house has the same skull shirt Sid wore.

I probably didn't notice it at first.
What you think about the villian in the movie? He had me fooled at first and even after being saved by Woody, he still acted like a vagina cleaning devicebag.

Nayrman

Quote from: Playat on June 20, 2010, 11:37:07 AM
What you think about the villian in the movie? He had me fooled at first and even after being saved by Woody, he still acted like a vagina cleaning devicebag.
Huggin'Bear was ok, although admittedly he's basically like the villain of Toy Story 2, but instead of wanting to be in a museum, he wanted to be in a day care.

My only real complaint about this movie is that it wasn't as funny as the other two

Playat

Quote from: Nayrman on June 20, 2010, 11:46:51 AM
Huggin'Bear was ok, although admittedly he's basically like the villain of Toy Story 2, but instead of wanting to be in a museum, he wanted to be in a day care.

My only real complaint about this movie is that it wasn't as funny as the other two

I guess so. Oh, do you know how Lotso's crew got a Buzz Lightyear manual instruction? Has another Buzz came by the daycare or what?

Nayrman

Quote from: Playat on June 20, 2010, 11:57:49 AM
I guess so. Oh, do you know how Lotso's crew got a Buzz Lightyear manual instruction? Has another Buzz came by the daycare or what?
It's a kids movie... I'll give it some slack.

I'm more amazed that Woody knows how to use MapQuest...

tibar21

i loved it. I think its the 2nd best in the series next to the original. My favorite part was the breakout from the daycare. Ken was the funniest new character. I kind of thought it was funnier than the other two. And Pixar set themselves up for a fourth - with a new owner.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Anarchy_Jas

I'm eighteen and a half, but that didn't stop me from goin' out to see Toy Story 3 with my lil sister and nephews... who are sixteen, fifteen, and almost thirteen... Don't judge us! XP Many good times came to mind when I saw it. I remember even going to the store, and picking out Woody and Buzz as Christmas gifts for my oldest nephew.

"THE CLAAAWWWW!!!" Good times man. XD

Lol, The original was one of the movies we grew up with, and when I finally got the movie, we watched it so much over the years, the tape started to wear out.
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Mystic

Best in the series. I love it so much. funny, dramatic, and a great end.

I lol'd so hard at "THE CLAWWWWWWW". I'll miss those little bastards.

Shujinco2

The whole movie was amazing.

The beginning was Happy, then immediately became depressing.

The end was touching.

The whole plot was good.

Humor wise, it was decent.

And everything else about the movie was great.

For the first two movies, Andy had always reminded me of the kid I once was; a kid and his playthings, enjoying life through his creativity and his toys.

The Andy in THIS movie reminds me of how I am now; a grown up kid, ready to start being an adult, but will ALWAYS have a special place in his heart for the very special adventures he once shared with his toys.

These movies proved that the best of friends aren't necessarily ALIVE. They're the ones you hold dear, the ones who comforted you through your anguish, shared in your good times, and have always been there for you. It's just, sometimes, they happen to be plastic, or stuffed with some kind of fluff, or have all sorts of gizmos.

On a semi-unrelated note, that opening short was pure awesome. Night & Day is probably one of the best Pixar shorts I've ever seen.

Cornwad

It was a pretty awesome movie, I also saw it yesterday. I liked the whole prison escape sequence, it reminded me of the A-Team. It started to get pretty dark near the end, I don't think they should have let children in to see the movie. Children who make lots of annoying noises throughout the whole thing.

Playat

Well does anyone have a fave soundtrack from the movie?

Shujinco2

Quote from: Playat on June 21, 2010, 08:29:10 PM
Well does anyone have a fave soundtrack from the movie?
The beginning. With the famed "You've got a friend in me", and Andy playing with his toys.

I thought it especially powerful how they just cut the song right after the line, "And as the years go by, our friendship will never die."

Java

I saw it yesterday with my mom, who said she didn't care for Toy Story, and we both loved it.
Pixar, to put it simply, never lets us down. They're definitely making it harder and harder for me to rank my favorite Pixar films.

Anyone know what the next movie will be?
Is it Cars 2?

Quote from: Playat on June 20, 2010, 11:37:07 AM
I actually kinda expected Lotso to be the villain.
From the first time I saw him on screen, he reminded me Sunshine, the teddy bear in Chibi Robo who could be sweet one second and evil the next.
[spoiler=Good Sunshine][/spoiler]
[spoiler=Evil Sunshine][/spoiler]