News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

New Futurama

Started by Gwen Khan, July 06, 2010, 05:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwen Khan

anyone watch it yet? they have been pretty awful, they feel more like recent simpsons or south park then Futurama

Macawmoses

they're disappointingly unfamiliar

Homewrecker

I'm fine with the pop culture references, since that was always a big part of Futurama, but the jokes are delivered with the subtlety of a kick to the face. Just isn't that funny.

I suppose the writers just have to get back into the groove since it's been a few years, but it's been almost five episodes so far.

Indigo

4 was / tried too hard to mock religion and get a message across by pushing a character out of the show to create some contrived relationship.

3 was cool though, boil was dumb, besides that pretty decent

2 was meh

1 (premiere) was pretty /

Macawmoses

I'd say the very first was likely the best out of them so far. I hope they get into the groove soon though.

Jayat

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

JrDude

Quote from: Indigo on July 14, 2010, 03:53:53 PM
get a message across by pushing a character out of the show to create some contrived relationship.
Come back when you see the whole episode.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Indigo

Quote from: JrDude φ on July 14, 2010, 10:52:37 PM
Come back when you see the whole episode.
No pushing kiff off made it a bit contrived. At least in my view it seemed pushed. I record all of them v;

I guess I didn't word it right. The relationship itself was contrived.

JrDude

Quote from: Indigo on July 15, 2010, 01:14:38 PM
No pushing kiff off made it a bit contrived. At least in my view it seemed pushed. I record all of them v;

I guess I didn't word it right. The relationship itself was contrived.
I mean [spoiler=For those who didn't see it and care]in the end, it was easily implied that Bender left Amy, then she got on a Motorcycle with Kif, implying they are back together.[/spoiler]
[move][/move]
Dude .

BOREDFOREVER

It's Futurama, and I love it.

"But why . . .those things?"