News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Yogi Bear Come To The Big Screen

Started by Mystic, July 28, 2010, 11:57:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

QuoteJellystone Park has been losing business, so greedy Mayor Brown decides to shut it down and sell the land. That means families will no longer be able to experience the natural beauty of the outdoors -- and, even worse, Yogi and Boo Boo will be tossed out of the only home they've ever known. Faced with his biggest challenge ever, Yogi must prove that he really is "smarter than the average bear" as he and Boo Boo join forces with their old nemesis Ranger Smith to find a way to save Jellystone Park from closing forever.

Dan Aykroyd as the voice for Yogi Bear
Justin Timberlake as thr voice for Boo-Boo Bear
Christine Taylor as the voice for Cindy Bear
Tom Cavanagh as Ranger Smith
Anna Faris as Rachel
T.J. Miller as Ranger Jones
Andrew Daly as Mayor Brown
Nathan Corddry as Chief of Staff
Dean Knowsley as Agent Florimo
Barry Duffield as Bodyguard

It's going to be a mix of live and animation I believe. I approve, this could be interesting :)

DededeCloneChris

Now THIS is something I can live with. :)

Nayrman

*crack*
Die
*squish*
all you stupid
*crush*
Hollywood execs
*bash*
learn to make
*smack*
your own ideas
*boom*
instead of stealing other's

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on July 28, 2010, 12:38:27 PM
*crack*
Die
*squish*
all you stupid
*crush*
Hollywood execs
*bash*
learn to make
*smack*
your own ideas
*boom*
I really don't see what's so bad with this movie unlike Fairly Oddparents.

Nayrman

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on July 28, 2010, 12:39:56 PM
I really don't see what's so bad with this movie unlike Fairly Oddparents.
It's an incredibly pointless licensed movie based on a series that is way past its prime and is just trying to make a quick buck on the older parents who remember this stuff and doesn't support creativity at all since it's just slapping a famous face on a movie that would be considered bland and lifeless without it.

Mystic

Quote from: Nayrman on July 28, 2010, 12:38:27 PM
So only the original creator can make a new (whatever) of a franchise? Various successful and popular franchises disagree with you. There's nothing wrong with this movie so far. How do you know it will be bland and lifeless?

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Mystic on July 28, 2010, 02:19:57 PM
So only the original creator can make a new (whatever) of a franchise? Various successful and popular franchises disagree with you. There's nothing wrong with this movie so far. How do you know it will be bland and lifeless?
Dude probably hates the series.

Nayrman

Considering Yogi Bear is one of those Hanna-Barbera shows from the 60's that wasn't all that funny to begin with, yeah, I'm not a fan.

And I'm assuming it's going to suck, as Hollywood has a rather nasty habit of basically "using" (and I mean Shoehorning) previously popular franchises into movies that, well, suck in order to try and make a quick buck (Flintstones, Garfield, Scooby-Doo, A-Team, even intercourse ing Marmaduke). And I subscribe to the position that only creators of works should be allowed to use things. No matter how good something is, if it sticks around too long it WILL get bad. For every Dark Knight Returns (I realize the irony of this statement of a Miller comic), there's a Spider-man Clone Saga. For every Donkey Kong Country, there's a Crash Bandicoot series crashing and burning once it's sold. So yeah, I'd rather see ORIGINAL content than trying to just use the same franchises to sell stuff. Is there a middle ground? Perhaps, but the entertainment industry would rather stick to the far end opposite of the way I want to see things. So I will continue to harp on things until I start to see more originality in movies/tv/etc.

Mystic

Both Flintstones movies were awesome, especially the first.
The Garfield movies were good.
The first two Scooby movies were great. I haven't seen the Mystery Begins yet.

You can make an original story out of an old theme/characters, and be wuite better than many original ideas.

Nayrman

Quote from: Mystic on July 28, 2010, 06:19:06 PM
Both Flintstones movies were awesome, especially the first.
The Garfield movies were good.
The first two Scooby movies were great. I haven't seen the Mystery Begins yet.

You can make an original story out of an old theme/characters, and be wuite better than many original ideas.

I just say come up with your own darn idea. It's more satisfying to come up with your own setting and characters and you have to bother with the hassle of licensing issues.

And to be honest, I didn't think any of those movies were good. Scooby 1 was ok, only because at least Shaggy acted like Shaggy.

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on July 28, 2010, 06:35:17 PM
I just say come up with your own darn idea. It's more satisfying to come up with your own setting and characters and you have to bother with the hassle of licensing issues.

And to be honest, I didn't think any of those movies were good. Scooby 1 was ok, only because at least Shaggy acted like Shaggy.
Yes, but then you have to put serious work into making the movie good. Why do that when you can license a character no one cares about anymore? Production value also matters, I saw this trailer right before Toy Story 3 and it was funny comparing Pixar-quality animation to this:

Oh, and I bet Family Circus is going to be made into a movie, somehow.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Cornwad

Oh hey it's Dan Aykroyd

This movie looks pretty terrible, but it's in 3D which makes it good by default... right?

Mystic

Terrible? Based on what? A poster and a cast list? It's not like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber are listed as Yogi and Boo Boo.

Cornwad

These old cartoons gone CGI movies have been consistently terrible. I have absolutely no interest in this.

Mystic

I think it looks good. I lol'd at the pie in the face. I'm excited.