News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Legend of Zelda War of Time - 13/11/07 - A new style? (HUGE 56k Warning)

Started by GrimTuesday, November 13, 2007, 02:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrimTuesday

Throught the years Link has appeared in many different styles, shapes & sizes, lets take a minute to look back to the past...

Legend of Zelda, Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

Link began with a floppy cap, a green tunic & long brown hair.

A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening

Link still has his trademark hat & tunic but what's this? Is his hair... blonde? Also take note of the yellow band around the rim of his hat.

Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask

Link's hair seems to be getting even blonder! He also went and got his hair cut, strange... I don't remember a Hair Salon in Hyrule Castle Town...

Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons

His hair gets long again in Link's first handhels adventures, nothing else really changes (except for his tunic looking more like a skirt).

Four Swords Adventures, Wind Waker, Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass

Although this is Link's most disliked form, it is also the one used the most. Link went through a radical change here, he turned cel-shaded! This Link reminds me most of the Oracle of Seasons/Ages Link, he has big beady eyes, a different hair style and he's alot shorter.

Twilight Princess

The TP Link is the most liked Link form out of every Zelda game. His look is alot more detailed, he has chainmail, Pad thingies on his arms and he looks alot more wolf like (I wonder why  ::) )

So where am I going with this you ask? What does this have to do with my fan game? Why am I asking rhetorical questions? Don't worry, soon it will all become clear...

For my fan game the characters, enemies, bosses, items, everything is going to be rendered in an Isotropic form. Sooooo... What is Icotropic? Let me give you an example...

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a watermelon!
(Ladies and Gentlemen: No Sh*t sherlock!)

But what if we turned this into an... Isotropic watermelon? Then will it be interesting? (I really need to stop asking rhetorical questions!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is an Isotropic watermelon!
(Ladies and Gentlemen: WOW! (No sarcasm intended))

Some people probably can't tell the difference, but for those who can, pleases realise this is an example! The effect works better depending on how textured it is, so Isotropic Link will look more different than Isotropic watermelon.

Thankyou for your time  ;D

~Mason Spangler a.k.a. GrimTuesday

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor

TucanaTheToucan

This sounds probable. If Link end up looking handsome and realistic at the same time, I'll consider buying the game. :)

GrimTuesday

Quote from: TucanaTheToucan on November 24, 2007, 05:41:22 PM
This sounds probable. If Link end up looking handsome and realistic at the same time, I'll consider buying the game. :)

Link... Handsome? You gotta be kidding j/k

Anyway it won't be as realistic as Twilight Princess but not as Cartoony as Windwaker, somewhere in between.

And if you were wondering about the price of the game it is... FREE! But the guide will have to be bought because I don't like people using a guide o get past the awesome puzzles in the game

Proud owner of Flowen - www.flowengaming.inventforum.com

"I tracked you down with this, this is my timey-wimey detector, goes ding when there's stuff" ~ The Doctor