<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

I'm getting better...

Started by Zora Link, January 03, 2008, 04:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 03, 2008, 05:09:45 PM
Quote from: Zora Link on January 03, 2008, 05:01:57 PM
ok...pikachu lost...and that was a good one to show me?

@_@
too much jerking around, they can't stand still?
And he hardly used downB at all...
Jerking around and not staying still exactly why I showed it to you. You should never stand still, unless it is part of some uber-advanced mind game. Because there is always frames of lag for everything you do you should just wait for someone.

Down b isn't a down smash. A down smash is down on the c-stick (Or slamming down on the control stick and at the same time). And yes, I know he didn't do that much either, but at your current skill level you should use it.
at my skill level, I'm not to worried about frame-by-frame stuff, but I'll keep that in mind...
as for the level nines...only one thing to say...I used to be able to beat them...I didn't think it had been long enough to make that much of a difference...but apparantly it has.
So, I did my 10 1 on 1 rounds with level 7 comps. teh stats:

wins: 10
Losses: 0

I say it couldn't have went any better. :)

Dawei

If you can beat 7s perfectly, you must be standing right in the middle of everyone in the FFAs. But since you can, step it up to 8s. It'll get you to the top of your game against comps, and you'll fail less against humans (though if you play comps to much, you'll develop bad habits).

Also, what settings do you play your matches on?

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 03, 2008, 05:40:13 PM
If you can beat 7s perfectly, you must be standing right in the middle of everyone in the FFAs. But since you can, step it up to 8s. It'll get you to the top of your game against comps, and you'll fail less against humans (though if you play comps to much, you'll develop bad habits).

Also, what settings do you play your matches on?
For these, Time: 2:00, the default.
for the level 7 matches, random stages, and random characters. (never two of the same in a round)
*shudders at thought of a level 8*
those are better than a level 9 too....:(

Nayrman

still...you should never come in LAST to cpu's...

Zora Link

Quote from: Nayrman on January 03, 2008, 05:47:32 PM
*coughthreepostsaboveyourscough*

Dawei

Time matches? I guess that explains why you've been losing occasionally. And my response;

BAD. Time matches are bad for your soul (and skill). It's about stock. In a time FFA, as a fox player I could let someone knock the other person off, and then just sit there and blaster. If the person has no way to recover, It'll nab me the kill, and even if they can, it'll damage them so I can hit them with a forward smash.

The best settings IMO (olol tourney) are 4 stock, 8 minute. 4 stocks give you time to warm up, but it isn't to much so you will have a very long match. And even if you do have a long match, the 8 minute limit will cut it short so it doesn't go on forever. Also, training on random stages probably isn't the best idea. No one goes to flat zone (except thunder hero) for example, plus the falling objects can disrupt you and K.O. you from 0.  I don't want to sound to much like a tourney fag, but the best stages to practice on are;
Fountain of Dreams
The yoshi stage next to Fountain of dreams (can't remember the name)
Pokemon Stadium
Battle Field
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Kongo Jungle

Those aren't the only stages you should play on, but those are the most neutral, so you can truly work on skill.

Nayrman

Quote from: Zora Link on January 03, 2008, 05:51:58 PM
okay okay...sheesh. I was responding to the first post X_X;

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 03, 2008, 05:55:19 PM
Time matches? I guess that explains why you've been losing occasionally. And my response;

BAD. Time matches are bad for your soul (and skill). It's about stock. In a time FFA, as a fox player I could let someone knock the other person off, and then just sit there and blaster. If the person has no way to recover, It'll nab me the kill, and even if they can, it'll damage them so I can hit them with a forward smash.

The best settings IMO (olol tourney) are 4 stock, 8 minute. 4 stocks give you time to warm up, but it isn't to much so you will have a very long match. And even if you do have a long match, the 8 minute limit will cut it short so it doesn't go on forever. Also, training on random stages probably isn't the best idea. No one goes to flat zone (except thunder hero) for example, plus the falling objects can disrupt you and K.O. you from 0.  I don't want to sound to much like a tourney fag, but the best stages to practice on are;
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Battle Field
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Kongo Jungle

Those aren't the only stages you should play on, but those are the most neutral, so you can truly work on skill.
wow...I don't think I'm that devoted...I tend to play more to have fun...not for skill only.
And Flatzone is fun,  I sit under the house and laugh as the comps get KO'd by the falling tools. XD
I don't really care about the settings much, but as for stages...I also want to be good in different terrains, and situations that only come on stages such as flatzone. I think I'll keep stages at random, (except icicle mountain, pokefloats, and rainbow cruise...-_-) but I'll definatly try and remember to use stock.

Zora Link

Quote from: Nayrman on January 03, 2008, 05:58:00 PM
Quote from: Zora Link on January 03, 2008, 05:51:58 PM
okay okay...sheesh. I was responding to the first post X_X;
meh, it's okay. :P
;)

thunderhero4

you are incorrect, this thread should be called " I is getting better"  :P

Zora Link

Quote from: thunderhero4 on January 03, 2008, 06:02:33 PM
But i is in highskool...:O

Nayrman

Quote from: Zora Link on January 03, 2008, 06:01:19 PM
Quote from: Dawei on January 03, 2008, 05:55:19 PM

Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Battle Field
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Kongo Jungle

wow...I don't think I'm that devoted...I tend to play more to have fun...not for skill only.
And Flatzone is fun,  I sit under the house and laugh as the comps get KO'd by the falling tools. XD
I don't really care about the settings much, but as for stages...I also want to be good in different terrains, and situations that only come on stages such as flatzone. I think I'll keep stages at random, (except icicle mountain, pokefloats, and rainbow cruise...-_-) but I'll definatly try and remember to use stock.
For training though use their stages. Trying to get better at the random happenings (like the falling tools) is (IMO anyway) not going to happen, even for me. If it's random, then its random and there isn't much a way to get "better" at it.

Dawei

Nayrman summed it up. The reason why items and stages such as those aren't in tournaments is because they are random. There isn't skill in random, because you can't predict what can happen.

And like you were saying of the comps getting hit by the tools, not a single person who actually enjoys playing smash will sit there like a comp. It won't help you in a real match, it'll make you worse. You won't be prepared for it if you play someone who has even half a brain.

Also, not playing poke floats and rainbow cruise, but playing flat zone? Holy poop that new! Both of those stages are better training than FZ because you can predict down to the very last nanosecond when the things will appear.
The other tournament legal stages are (besides the neutral ones I listed, pokefloats, and Rainbow Cruise);
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
The Metroid stage (not Brinstar Depths, the other one. Man I hate Brinstar Depths)
Mute City

As you can see, contrary to popular belief, tourney isn't all about "FYNAL DESTINYTIN OR DY NUB LAWLZ". Just play at those stages and you'll get the best you can be.

Zora Link

Quote from: Dawei on January 03, 2008, 06:20:52 PM
Nayrman summed it up. The reason why items and stages such as those aren't in tournaments is because they are random. There isn't skill in random, because you can't predict what can happen.

And like you were saying of the comps getting hit by the tools, not a single person who actually enjoys playing smash will sit there like a comp. It won't help you in a real match, it'll make you worse. You won't be prepared for it if you play someone who has even half a brain.

Also, not playing poke floats and rainbow cruise, but playing flat zone? Holy s*** that new! Both of those stages are better training than FZ because you can predict down to the very last nanosecond when the things will appear.
The other tournament legal stages are (besides the neutral ones I listed, pokefloats, and Rainbow Cruise);
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
The Metroid stage (not Brinstar Depths, the other one. Man I hate Brinstar Depths)
Mute City

As you can see, contrary to popular belief, tourney isn't all about "FYNAL DESTINYTIN OR DY NUB LAWLZ". Just play at those stages and you'll get the best you can be.
That's new? I hate the moving stages, that's all.
And I actually know the tools thing won't work against humans. :P
I guess were different. You like stages that take pure skill to win.
And maybe it's because I've haven't played another human for a really long time, But I also like to use the stage to my advantage. Brinstar Depths is one of the best examples of that.
I realize these skills won't help me against other humans, but to completely isolate myself from the courses I do best in? I think not.
I'd say more...but I GTG...dad got mad over nothing again and I need to get off before he blows his top.

thunderhero4

Quote from: Zora Link on January 03, 2008, 06:05:41 PM
Quote from: thunderhero4 on January 03, 2008, 06:02:33 PM
But i is in highskool...:O
So is I!