News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

There's no point in really practicing for Brawl with Melee...

Started by Tupin, January 04, 2008, 03:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

"To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they're all going to be the same as they have been, it'll be rough for you."- Sakurai on the Bowser update.

Seriously. So many characters will be different, some will be stronger, some will be weaker, their moves might be different, and they might give more damage.

So if I play Melee, I'm not playing to practice for Brawl. I'm just playing.

I don't know about you, but I will learn the basics and hone them in Brawl instead of using something that could change.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Saraneth

Dawei

Ok, we can listen to what Sakurai said, or we can see what the professionals said about the demo.

You are blowing the changes way out of proportion. Also, a lot doesn't mean everyone.

And if you still don't think it's a reason to practice, I have a simple solution. MINDGAMES, SON!

Nayrman

From what I can tell from the vids is that the game plays nearly the same as Melee did with some more "floatiness" (or so I've been told from others). So why doesnt that work again?

Apollo

yeah but its nice to get familiar with it again plus it gets you pumped

HTA!

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on January 04, 2008, 03:39:09 PM
"To be honest, there are a LOT of characters that offer a slightly different flavor this time around. If you think they're all going to be the same as they have been, it'll be rough for you."- Sakurai on the Bowser update.

Seriously. So many characters will be different, some will be stronger, some will be weaker, their moves might be different, and they might give more damage.

So if I play Melee, I'm not playing to practice for Brawl. I'm just playing.

I don't know about you, but I will learn the basics and hone them in Brawl instead of using something that could change.
Wrong