Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

So, F Zero GX

Started by えっちーせんぱい, June 07, 2008, 04:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Quote from: Blaziken on June 29, 2008, 11:41:17 AM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 27, 2008, 10:29:53 PM
As long as they don't put in rubberband AI like Mario Kart and have a track/machine editor as well as online, it will be good.
I actually liked the fact that if I was in first I could stay in first without someone coming up randomly and hitting me. If it does happen, you'd have to be going slow or crashing a lot, and you get more than 1 machine, you'll get about 5 or 6 at once.
I can't tell you how many times I was in first, I was just rounding the last corner, and I got hit with a Blue Shell which made me finish in like 4th place.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 29, 2008, 12:52:24 PM
As long as they don't put in rubberband AI like Mario Kart and have a track/machine editor as well as online, it will be good.
I actually liked the fact that if I was in first I could stay in first without someone coming up randomly and hitting me. If it does happen, you'd have to be going slow or crashing a lot, and you get more than 1 machine, you'll get about 5 or 6 at once.
I can't tell you how many times I was in first, I was just rounding the last corner, and I got hit with a Blue Shell which made me finish in like 4th place.
I lost count at 238.

Tupin

Quote from: Blaziken on June 29, 2008, 09:28:40 PM
I lost count at 238.
That's what I like about F-Zero. If you are in first place, the only way you can get out of first place is if you go really slow or are reckless.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 29, 2008, 09:37:53 PM
Quote from: Blaziken on June 29, 2008, 09:28:40 PM
I lost count at 238.
That's what I like about F-Zero. If you are in first place, the only way you can get out of first place is if you go really slow or are reckless.
I said that already :3

Tupin

I wonder if there will be an F-Zero on the DS and Wii....

Jono2

same.  It's really disgusting, and horrible programming.

what level was it... the DK Double Dash one.  I had a gigantic lead heading into the last lap (as in, about a quarter of the track length).

halfway done the map, I'm heading by that ravine.  blue shell, fall into the pit.

still have a fair lead.

red shell, red shell, red shell.

I'm at the bridge now.

blue shell, bumped off.

getting back on the end of the bridge.

bullet bill -> off the bridge.  picked back up, the race ends as im in last.  completely ruins any chance at a star, or any reasonable placement in Lightning Cup, in which I was getting 1st place consistently to that point.

it's just sick.  I don't know why they program that in.  If you're in first by a large margin, you obviously deserve to be there.

exactly why I love F-Zero.  You generally deserve your placing in the race.  If you're doing mediocre, it's because you haven't pulled out all the stops.  If you're in last, it's because you haven't been nearly aggressive enough.  If you die, you were a fool, or you didn't manage to avoid the actually pretty humanlike AI.

If you're first, you stay there.  no handicaps.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Jono2 on July 02, 2008, 10:55:02 PM

what level was it... the DK Double Dash one.  I had a gigantic lead heading into the last lap (as in, about a quarter of the track length).

halfway done the map, I'm heading by that ravine.  blue shell, fall into the pit.

still have a fair lead.

I'm at the bridge now.

blue shell, bumped off.

bullet bill -> off the bridge.  picked back up, the race ends as im in last.  completely ruins any chance at a star, or any reasonable placement in Lightning Cup, in which I was getting 1st place consistently to that point.

it's just sick.  I don't know why they program that in.  If you're in first by a large margin, you obviously deserve to be there.

exactly why I love F-Zero.  You generally deserve your placing in the race.  If you're doing mediocre, it's because you haven't pulled out all the stops.  If you're in last, it's because you haven't been nearly aggressive enough.  If you die, you were a fool, or you didn't manage to avoid the actually pretty humanlike AI.

that's nothing, I was watching my cousin play, it was on Mario Kart Wii, DK Raceway (the 64 one) Toadette missed the jump, got stuck in the grass, got dropped on the track beneath the jump, and was about half the course behind, somehow got in first by about three seconds

Java

Quote from: Jono2 on July 02, 2008, 10:55:02 PM

still have a fair lead.

I'm at the bridge now.

blue shell, bumped off.

You reallly can't have Mario Kart without the items, but in MKWii they did go too far...

I was blue shelled 5 times in one race...

Rare items should be RARE.

Tupin

You know what would be even better?

An option to turn certain items off, like in Brawl.

I pray that the new F-Zero doesn't have items or something....

えっちーせんぱい

If it has items, the only things I coukd see would be a Energy boost and a shield.

DRIFTYOSHIZERO11

F-Zero really has no need for items in my opinion....
YOU DON'T MESS WITH THAT!!!!

Jono2

the big issue i have with blue shells though, is that they don't help the person that uses them.

think about it.

if you're in a low enough place to get a blue shell, 99% of the time, using it won't help you a bit.  yes, the first place person gets taken down.  then what?  second place takes their place, and you don't go up any places whatsoever.

which is why they were good in the N64 version.  everyone gets hit, you actually get a chance to advance places, and they don't show up very often.

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen