News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Once again, Hollywood thinks they can do better.

Started by Tupin, March 20, 2009, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/03/cloudy-with-a-c.html

Yes, the classic children's book Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is getting a film adaptation, with significant changes. Sure, it may be hard to make an hour and a half long movie out of a book less than forty pages long, but it wasn't so non-descript that you couldn't pull a basic plot from it. Also notice that the book's art style is missing, which was basically why the book did so well in the first place.

What's with the whole return of 3D thing anyway? It will never NOT be a gimmick, it was invented as one.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Really? Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs? I can understand Dr.Suess books being made to movies, but this is just getting pathetic. Is Hollywood SO dry as to where they have to rip off children's books? X_X:;

3D will always be a gimmick, but a few select films are actually made better because of it. I heard Coraline in 3D was beyond amazing.

Shujinco2

I'll give it a chance. At least it doesn't look like a TOTAL disaster. I mean, they did well with Chicken Little.

Tupin

Quote from: Shujinco2 on March 20, 2009, 06:55:57 PM
I'll give it a chance. At least it doesn't look like a TOTAL disaster. I mean, they did well with Chicken Little.
My main sticking point is that the movie looks like every other CGI movie out there.

The book was illustrated so differently than most kids books that you would think the movie would reflect that.

Zovistograt

That book was amazing, one of my favorite picture books.

...this trailer isn't that book.  It may have the same idea, but it's not.  It looks crappy.  Good job Sony Animation for making a movie that ignorant people will take their kids to so that their experience with Chewandswallow will be ruined.

Books rule.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Shujinco2

Quote from: Tupin on March 20, 2009, 09:02:01 PM
Quote from: Shujinco2 on March 20, 2009, 06:55:57 PM
My main sticking point is that the movie looks like every other CGI movie out there.

The book was illustrated so differently than most kids books that you would think the movie would reflect that.
Yes, that is true... but I'm still willing to give it a chance.

Who knows. It might end up to be pretty good. (Or... not. 0_o )

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on March 20, 2009, 09:55:41 PM
That book was amazing, one of my favorite picture books.

...this trailer isn't that book.  It may have the same idea, but it's not.  It looks crappy.  Good job Sony Animation for making a movie that ignorant people will take their kids to so that their experience with Chewandswallow will be ruined.

Books rule.
Seriously, you can't take a book like Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs and animate it like it's some throw-away Nickelodeon movie.

At least they will have moved on to the next childrens book by the time this is released, so Pickles to Pittsburgh will be saved.

Pachuri

yes.derek

Yeah, it may not be that good, but at least we still have..

HEY LOOK HEY

Triforceman22

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Nayrman

Quote from: yes.derek on March 28, 2009, 12:01:45 AM

Okay, REALLY!? ARE THEY THAT STARVED FOR IDEAS!?!?
Also, Hollywood, quit raping my childhood you cheap, nonsensical bastards!

yes.derek

Quote from: Nayrman on March 31, 2009, 03:49:38 AM
Quote from: yes.derek on March 28, 2009, 12:01:45 AM

Okay, REALLY!? ARE THEY THAT STARVED FOR IDEAS!?!?
Also, Hollywood, quit raping my childhood you cheap, nonsensical bastards!

I truly think that Where The Wild Things Are is going to be a fantastically epic movie.
Just watch the trailer for it. It seems so emotional.

THERES A MONSTER CRYING IN THE TRAILER BAWWWWW
HEY LOOK HEY