News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The World Ends With You: Review

Started by Kita, May 26, 2008, 01:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kita

Please ignore the mistakes in the talk bubbles.  I'm too lazy to go back and fix them.

The World Ends with You
By: Andrea Burgess
Published by: Square Enix
Developed by: Jupiter
Genre: RPG
Number of Players: 1-4
Release Date:
US: April 22, 2008
Rating T

Darkness falls down over you as your lids become heavy.  Going to sleep as if for the last time.  All the noise around you grows louder and louder then suddenly STOPS!  You scream out ?GO AWAY! I?m the only person this world needs!?  Nothing, it?s all gone.  Meaningless, that?s what you tell yourself.  Life, the world, people, it?s all worthless.  Yet, is that how you really feel?

Just then out of nowhere a monster attacks! Jumping to your feet you scramble to gain your balance.  Everything goes red as the enemy draws closer.  Finding yourself hopeless you flee for your life.  Running to the next street over you see people disappearing left and right.  Are you next?  Taking a deep breath, your heart now pounding in your chest, when suddenly a blue light appears and a pact is made.  You?re biggest fear comes true, you have to work with another person in order to survive. 

Your hands get sweaty as a timer is zapped upon you.  Cringing with pain you look to see that your time is limited.  Just then your phone rings.  Who the heck would be calling you at a moment like this?  Alas it was just a text message.  You have a mission and you must compete it within the given time or face erasure.  Gulping hard you feel as if your chest is about to cave in.  Why are you here? Where is here? Why can?t the people around you see you? 7 Days yes that is all you have left.  Will you make it?

Day after day you keep on rushing through.  Fighting as if each day were your last to live, each one seeming to pass faster then the last.  It?s just not fair! Why did this have to happen to you?  Then comes another partner.  Great just another person you have to learn how to trust.  When will this all end?  Is this just a dream?  Soon feelings for these so-called partners swell up inside, then suddenly life has purpose and people have meaning.  Before you know it, you are no longer fighting for yourself, but for those that you care for.

Strange things start to take place.  Just when you suspect one person, things suddenly take a turn for the worst.  How can you trust your partners if they don?t trust you?  Really now, the world does end with you! 

Please come check out my forum for all your RPG gaming News and chat:

www.vortexshadow.com

Silverhawk79

Huh. Creative review. :P
I've heard a lot of good things about this game, and based on your review, I think I might pick it up. :o

Kita

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on May 26, 2008, 01:39:32 PM
I've heard a lot of good things about this game, and based on your review, I think I might pick it up. :o

Thanks A :P I was known for creative reviews back on Nsider too.  We are having a review contest on Hadaway right now but it's not the most active forum so I wanted some thoughts on it. 

Glad you liked the review and you so should try the game.  You would love it ^_^

www.vortexshadow.com

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kita on May 26, 2008, 01:42:41 PM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on May 26, 2008, 01:39:32 PM

Thanks A :P I was known for creative reviews back on Nsider too.  We are having a review contest on Hadaway right now but it's not the most active forum so I wanted some thoughts on it. 

Glad you liked the review and you so should try the game.  You would love it ^_^
Probably. I like Fire Emblem and Advance Wars, stuff like that, so this would probably be right up my alley.

BOSSNIG

Cool review. You need to come here more.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Kita

Quote from: Darklink on May 27, 2008, 07:51:05 AM
Cool review. You need to come here more.

LOL thanks Darklink.  I'm more of Hadaway member now, but I could try and stop by more.  Now that we have a review tourney going on right now I do plan to post all my entries.  So far from the first judge I received an 8.5 for this review.  I'm hoping to snag higher on my next.

Glad you liked the review too.  It truly is an amazing game.

www.vortexshadow.com

Macawmoses

Heh, you will be getting my comments soon, and those comments will be worth a score. ;)

Kita

Quote from: mackormoses on May 27, 2008, 07:51:52 PM
Heh, you will be getting my comments soon, and those comments will be worth a score. ;)

I look forward to them greatly.  I always love working toward improvement ^_^

www.vortexshadow.com

Zovistograt

Awesome review, but Neku never talks that much :D
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Kita

Quote from: Zovistograt on May 28, 2008, 01:07:43 PM
Awesome review, but Neku never talks that much :D

He talked a LOT more when it came to the last chapter.  Granted not as much, but he opened up some.  The ending was so touching too, but thanks for the comment ^_^

www.vortexshadow.com