News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

The Fullmetal Alchemist series ending thread *it's over*

Started by Nayrman, June 08, 2010, 02:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nayrman

Hi all, from many sources (including Anime News Network), Hiromu Arakawa's Fullmetal Alchemist, currently #2 in the top manga sold in Japan (behind One Piece) is going to end in two chapters (July in monthly Shonen Gangan) or four more anime episodes (64 total). The last episode and final chapter should be released at the same time.

So, what's everyone's thoughts on the series, both the first anime adaption and the manga/current series? How do you think it will end? Anyone remember when it first came over to the states? Who else is annoyed that Adult Swim cuts scenes to add more commercials!?!?

I guess this is the FMA thread unless there's going to be a semi-official one or something...heh.

***UPDATE***

That's it everyone! It's over! Chapter 108 is translated!

Obviously I won't post my thoughts here, but in a separate post below.

Gwen Khan

it was a great show, hopefully it ends with out a lot of loose ends

Allegory

I love this series, it is my favorite one of any anime.

The original was good, and i liked how they ended it with a movie ( the movie is also amazing).

My favorite part of this series is the manga story though. I currently own all the released manga and am getting the rest, it will be a sad day when the series ends, but i am excited for the conclusion.
Quote from: Nayrman on June 08, 2010, 02:43:47 PM

Who else is annoyed that Adult Swim cuts scenes to add more commercials!?!?

I was very annoyed and stopped watching it on adult swim.

Nayrman

WARNING: SPOILERS OF THE FINAL CHAPTER AHEAD. READ AT YOUR OWN PERIL, AS THE THREAD WILL TALK ABOUT THE ENDING!!!!!

Alright everyone, Chapter 108 is scanned online, and it's over!
While the manga is over, we still have four more episodes left of the anime, and at the rate FUNi is releasing the episode packs, we probably still have a year left on the dub. Part 2 I believe will be out in August, but it's still showing on Adult Swim (with cuts and shortened openings and endings. GUH)

So, my thoughts on the ending (In bulletin format):

• a little too shipper happy to some extent. It was that ending picture with Al and Mei Chang really. Not that I MIND it, but... felt a bit like Inuyasha where everyone gets the right pairing. Oh well.
  • Greed dieing was a nice touch. Having him rule Xing would've been a little odd. Would've been funny though.
  • The work around to get Al back actually MADE SENSE. That could've easily been the biggest ass pull of the series, but it worked well. Good thing Arakawa knew the ending early/from the get go. It makes perfect sense in tandem with the first anime. Very good job with that.
  • Thanks for leaving it mildly open ended Hiromu. JUST open enough for the fanfic writers to keep it going. :P  But I'm glad to see we haven't forgotten Nina. Thanks for that.
  • Ling Yao: "We're here illegally, so we should go before we get caught."  Dude, I don't think anyone cares. Mustang and the others would be happy to let you stay as long as you need. Whatever, just a minor nitpick.
  • Ok, there WAS one ass pull for me. Pride being "reborn" like that was...stupid. Oh well, nothing's perfect.
  • Is it just me, or is Hiromu out of practice drawing "normal" Alphonse. Hm...
  • Still one of my favorite series of all time.

Magnum

That was such a satisfying ending. It made sense, and didn't make me crave more. Edit in details later.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Allegory

Ok, first thing: I love that series.
Second, the ending was great and wrapped up the series nicely.
Third, I am ready to die at any time now, although I am looking forward to whatever Arakawa is coming out with next.

Fullmetal 4ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwen Khan

I liked the ending a lot. I thought it was really good.
...̅̅̅