News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Concerts you've been to/are going to go to

Started by Jono2, September 21, 2008, 01:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jono2

Yeah, list concerts you've been to.

I went to Green Day about... 4 years ago when they came to town.

went to Weird Al Yankovic last year in June

went to

ELTON FRICKIN JOHN

BEST CONCERT EVER

...so far

last night

was amazing.

he's my hero.

aaanndddddd

I'M GOING TO MSTRKRFT ON OCTOBER THE 4TH!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOAAAAHHHHH

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Zovistograt

I've never been to a concert ;_;

I want to, but the bands and artists I like don't exactly tour around here/in this country/at all.

My best chance is either The Mars Volta or Venetian Snares, and even then...I don't know if I should go to a VS live show.  It looks amazing on Youtube, but it also looks packed and quite drug-heavy.  In some videos Aaron Funk himself is getting drunk and smoking something possibly illegal while mixing.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Jono2

Quote from: Zovistograt on September 21, 2008, 01:39:27 PM
I've never been to a concert ;_;

I want to, but the bands and artists I like don't exactly tour around here/in this country/at all.

My best chance is either The Mars Volta or Venetian Snares, and even then...I don't know if I should go to a VS live show.  It looks amazing on Youtube, but it also looks packed and quite drug-heavy.  In some videos Aaron Funk himself is getting drunk and smoking something possibly illegal while mixing.

we don't get much around here either, aside from the generic pop poop that everyone seems to flock to.

had a great time singing along to classic elton john.

Dill

I've been to a lot of local concerts (too many to count), but I have seen BB King live, as well as Brian May. And in a week I'm going to ACL (Gnarls Barkley, Beck, MGMT, Robert Plant, etc.).

Jono2

oh yeah, and when i went to green day, their opener was My Chemical Romance... pre-emo my chemical romance (they were actually pretty good).

Kaz

B-B-B-Bennie and the Jets

I wish I could see Elton John live. That'd be amazing. Unfortunately, as musical of a person as I am, I've never been to a single live show other than one that was at my school (some band called Chalice doing covers of Led Zeppelin and Lynyrd Skynyrd and some other bands I don't care about). I wanted so badly to see Van Halen, but the ticket prices were outrageous.

I plan to go to Moondance Jam eventually. It's a rock festival that takes place every summer in Walker, MN (about a 3 hour drive from home...not too bad). It lasts a few days. The lineup for the most recent Moondance, that I unfortunately missed, was:

QuoteCrosby, Stills & Nash, Poison, Sammy Hagar & The Wabos, STYX, George Thorogood & the Destroyers, Creedence Clearwater Revisited, Sweet, Great White, The Guess Who, Boz Scaggs, Sebastian Bach, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Big Brother & The Holding Company, Gear Daddies, Otis Day and the Knights, Led Zepagain

Needless to say, I was disappointed that I missed it. I love CNY, The Guess Who, Sweet, CCR, and Big Brother and the Holding Company. Styx is mildly interesting as well. But most important is that I missed the best Led Zeppelin cover band on Earth.

;-;
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Riosan

Haven't been to any live concerts by big bands, but I have some live DVDs lying around.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Java

I really want to see Coldplay (yes I want to see Coldplay) in concert, but the tickets are expensive.  :-\

Dill

Quote from: Jono2 on September 21, 2008, 06:44:20 PM
oh yeah, and when i went to green day, their opener was My Chemical Romance... pre-emo my chemical romance (they were actually pretty good).

My cousin was at Reading Rock Festival when My Chemical Romance got booed off the stage. I'm told it was a very gorgeous sight.

Jono2

Quote from: Dill on September 22, 2008, 04:12:31 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on September 21, 2008, 06:44:20 PM

My cousin was at Reading Rock Festival when My Chemical Romance got booed off the stage. I'm told it was a very gorgeous sight.

ahahahahahah

that's hilarious!

Retronintendodude7

I've been to two concerts so far and both of them were this year. I went to see Rush in July, which was really good. They played a ton of songs, but I was pretty far back from the stage.

I also saw Def Leppard in August, they were awesome. I was ten rows from the front and they knew people brought cameras so they would go up to the front of the stage a lot. :) Billy Idol also opened for them, which wasn't bad.

Beatnik

I have had erotic fantasies about the Wacken metal festival in Germany. Largest open air metal festival on the planet. Unfortunately, I do not live in Germany. I'll make it happen someday.

Here in New York, I've been to several concerts for local bands. They're fun, but they're rarely anything special.
"I like cigarettes, Mrs. Taggart. I like to think of fire held in a man's hand. Fire, a dangerous force, tamed at his fingertips. I often wonder about the hours when a man sits alone, watching the smoke of a cigarette, thinking. I wonder what great things have come from such hours. When a man thinks, there is a spot of fire alive in his mind-and it is proper that he should have the burning point of a cigarette as his one expression..."

Level_9_Chao

Went to They Might Be Giants in Chicago last November. Was in balcony. Then, twice within the last year I saw Streetlight Manifesto, again Chicago at the Metro. Front row both times, it kicked ass and I would recommend to anyone.

I wanna see Four Year Strong and maybe even Fall Out Boy but the latter would be infested with middle school girls. The former would kick ass.

My band has also performed a couple shows but we still kind of suck. Our friends always go though. ::)
Become a Failbook fan: Victory Road :3

The Game Boy Pocket.
Put it in your back pocket.
Sit down and it breaks.

Silverhawk79

I've been to a Killers/Hot Hot Heat concert, Modest Mouse/Band of Horses/Love is Laughter concert, and a Mars Volta concert. They were all awesome. <3

Shujinco2

Aerosmith 4 times
Cheap trick 2 times
Alice Cooper
Ted Nugent 2 times
Blue Oyster Cult
Paul McCartney
Robin Trower
A bunch of others I can't seem to remember right now.

No concerts planned for the moment... :(

But not bad for being 15. :)

And Elton Jhon? Awesome for you man. 8)