News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

So I'm curious about signatures...

Started by Eizweir, May 29, 2010, 05:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eizweir

My dad passed down a computer to me, and it turns out it has Photoshop on it.  I've always wanted to learn how ot make signatures and the like but had no idea where to start.

I know next to nothing about computer art, little of how to use the program, nothing about actually making the signatures.  Could somebody tell me where to start?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

The Riddler

Open Photoshop.

New project.

Choose the size you want.

It's all pretty self explanatory.

Thirteenthorder

Quote from: KAMELOT on May 29, 2010, 05:01:38 PM
My dad passed down a computer to me, and it turns out it has Photoshop on it.  I've always wanted to learn how ot make signatures and the like but had no idea where to start.

I know next to nothing about computer art, little of how to use the program, nothing about actually making the signatures.  Could somebody tell me where to start?
When you start a new project, go with 450 by 150 (make sure you have PIXELS selected instead of Photoshop's default INCHES)

Then go whore out on Deviantart tuts :)
When you're not lookin'...

Eizweir

Behold:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

First signature ever. Mostly experimental just to get a feel of how things work, it's not something I'd actually use.  And my god, text is hard >_<

Thanks for all the help.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xluxaeternax

formerly: Marth Xero, Xero, Roy Khan, Diego Armando, Lux Aeterna, and more I forget it was like 11 years ago jeeze

The Riddler

Quote from: KAMELOT on May 30, 2010, 08:29:15 PM
Behold:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

First signature ever. Mostly experimental just to get a feel of how things work, it's not something I'd actually use.  And my god, text is hard >_<

Thanks for all the help.
Not bad, but definitely work on the text.

Thirteenthorder

Quote from: Riddler on May 30, 2010, 11:24:53 PM
Not bad, but definitely work on the text.
Not bad at all, blending could use a little work. Indeed like Riddler said, Text really needs work. Try for smaller and brighter if your signature is dark.
When you're not lookin'...