Mystic

The Riddler

Quote from: Guy Montag on March 16, 2010, 10:35:57 PM
I still win.
You win nothing.
'Cause this weeks a flop.
'Cause no one goes to The Arts.

Thirdkoopa

This week is but since no moderator/administrator will move it we might as well make the best of it.

So, what's the best book you've ever been "forced" to read? Were you forced to read the one in your avatar?
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

JrDude

My favorite book I was forced to read was Fahrenheit 451, the ending was crap though imo.
I also liked the idea of Lord of the Flies, but it didn't really suck me in.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: JrDude ♦ on March 17, 2010, 02:30:28 AM
My favorite book I was forced to read was Fahrenheit 451, the ending was crap though imo.
I still need to finish that. I have it in my house somewhere but I have too much to keep me occupied to have any interest in it.

Also speaking of poopty endings pay it forward has the worst ending of any book I've been forced to read ever.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Mystic

Quote from: George Babbitt on March 17, 2010, 12:12:24 AM
This week is but since no moderator/administrator will move it we might as well make the best of it.

So, what's the best book you've ever been "forced" to read? Were you forced to read the one in your avatar?
F451 easily. I loved it. Huck Finn was pretty good too. Oh oh oh...The Ear, The Eye, and The Arm was intercourse ing awesome. Good times.

Yes I was, and I'm glad.

Also, F451's enging was good.

Night the Lucario

...I don't get forced to read books, they get taken from me! But the best world I've ever visited was Valdemar, the setting for close to thirty different books. Take a look at it!
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Dog Food

I've been "forced" to read a lot of great books. Lord of the Flies wasn't one of them, but we did end up reading it my Sophomore year, too. Fahrenheit 451 was good, so was 1984, and Catch-22. Anthem was okay, but I liked The Giver better (although wasn't forced to read the latter). I've been "forced" to read plays lately, and I really did enjoy Long Day's Journey into Night and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Thirdkoopa

Am I the only person in existence who wasn't forced to read Fahrenheit 451? Through I'm hardly ever satisfied with endings; mainly books. I always try to forget it and blur the ending with another memory

...Sadly it's worked before too. Almost every time.

Speaking of which spoilers from re-reading Babbitt's ending again ending:
[spoiler] I really really intercourse ing hate this ending now ever since being forced to re-read it for a few chapter quiz's and a test. It's completely horrendous; Now I know this book is pretty much anti-religious until the very end and It's suppose to be a religious type theme but intercourse  that -_ It had the perfect "This is what happens in real life; Get over it." Type of feel to it until the end. Myra lives? His son marries? He gets this all by converting into christ? And Verona marries someone that isn't Babbitt? Bull poop.

There's probably a ton of better ways to finish it off that KEEP It's unique theme. Ah well. I just needed somewhere to vent about it[/spoiler]

Also holy poop at the mention of the giver. I totally forgot about that book; My 5th grade teacher read that to us during lunch. Hated some parts liked others but I honestly slept through some parts.

Dog Food

Quote from: George Babbitt on March 17, 2010, 10:42:27 PM
Am I the only person in existence who wasn't forced to read Fahrenheit 451? Through I'm hardly ever satisfied with endings; mainly books. I always try to forget it and blur the ending with another memory

...Sadly it's worked before too. Almost every time.

Speaking of which spoilers from re-reading Babbitt's ending again ending:
[spoiler] I really really intercourse ing hate this ending now ever since being forced to re-read it for a few chapter quiz's and a test. It's completely horrendous; Now I know this book is pretty much anti-religious until the very end and It's suppose to be a religious type theme but intercourse  that -_ It had the perfect "This is what happens in real life; Get over it." Type of feel to it until the end. Myra lives? His son marries? He gets this all by converting into christ? And Verona marries someone that isn't Babbitt? Bull poop.

There's probably a ton of better ways to finish it off that KEEP It's unique theme. Ah well. I just needed somewhere to vent about it[/spoiler]

Also holy poop at the mention of the giver. I totally forgot about that book; My 5th grade teacher read that to us during lunch. Hated some parts liked others but I honestly slept through some parts.
You actually can choose the ending to The Giver, since they basically leave it up to you to interpret.

I always prefer darker endings, though. I like happy endings more, but I prefer the darker and more realistic endings. Like the original Cat on the Hot Tin Roof versus the movie or second version of act III. I liked the latter better, but I preferred the original. The last lines were my personal favorite part of the book. Although I liked a lot of the lines that they gave Big Daddy in the movie, wish they included them in the book.

The Sun Also Rises (great last lines), 1984 (at first shocking, but then predictable), Long Day's Journey into Night (again, great last lines), A Separate Peace (I cried at end)... All preferable endings, in my opinion. Those are just a few of the books that I was "forced" to read that I can think of at the moment with the sadder endings.

I would have liked to see more with The Lord of the Flies. Ended too abruptly, in my opinion. I wanted to see how each of them adjusted and if they ever went back to being "normal" again.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Java

Best book that I've been forced to read? That's definitely got to be The Catcher in the Rye.

BOREDFOREVER

Favorite book I've been forced to read is probably "Things Fall Apart."  I wasn't ever assigned Catcher or 451, but read them both anyway.

The Riddler

Oh! How about The Pearl?!

AWESOME.

Kidding of course.

Night the Lucario

But... I liked The Pearl... it has an awesome ending...

Also, I wasn't forced to read Fahrenheit 451 either, I just picked it up because it looked interesting.
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Light

Quote from: Caveman on March 19, 2010, 10:50:44 AM
Oh! How about The Pearl?!

AWESOME.

Kidding of course.
Yeah this.

Also, favorite book I've been forced to read is Les Miserables... I should probably change my name to Javert again...
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.