News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

"Wii console save memory is corrupted"

Started by WiiGuy, August 30, 2008, 10:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WiiGuy

i got this error after turning on my wii and going to the Nintendo Channel>start
it had the black screen up for about 2 seconds then this error came up.
"The system files are corrupted. Please refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting."

so i turned of fthe Wii by holding the power button on the Wii for about ten seconds (the Wiimote wasn't responding) then turned it back on and i went into the wii data managemnet expecting to see some files with one or more '?'

but i didn't find any....so i copied as much data as a could from the Wii to my SD card (i was getting worried :-X)
i got all the Channels saved.
but when i got to the Wii saved data...thats were i had some trouble.

i couldn't get games and channels that use internet copied (didn't surpise me)
but there were two files that couldn't be copied that dont use the internet (expect for downloading them)
Super mario bros. and super mario bros. 3 couldn't be copied....

and there was another problem...
super mario world and Super mario bros lost levels couldn't get all their data copied.
SMB: The Lost Levels    Wii blocks 4  -SD blocks 2
Super mario World        Wii blocks 4  -SD blocks 1

they both had the error:
"Data has been copied. There was some data that could not be copied to an SD Card. Refer to the Operations Guide for details"

I'm also guessing that if SMB and SMB3 had more than just 1 block of memory they to would have gotten the error too

so are those 4 files the "corrupted memory"?
i haven't played these 4 games sence the error this morning.

Doodle

It could be. But I don't think you have to worry about the VC games. Once you buy them, you can always redownload them.
But that sucks.
YEAH

WiiGuy

Quote from: DOODLEboy99 on August 31, 2008, 08:46:17 AM
It could be. But I don't think you have to worry about the VC games. Once you buy them, you can always redownload them.
But that sucks.
If those are the corrupted files then the only thing that i would be loseing is:
High score on SMB and SMB: LL
and my SMW profile, which i don't play a lot anymore.

Ridley

The homebrew channel has a savegame extractor and can get your internet games. ;)
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...