News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Your thoughts on HDM (high definition movies)

Started by THEEVILSPERKY, February 13, 2008, 11:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What format do you support?

Pure blu-blood, GO BLU-RAY!
0 (0%)
Pure red-head, GO HD-DVD!
1 (50%)
Purple, getting the best of both formats!
0 (0%)
Upconverted DVDs are good enough for me!
1 (50%)
VHS and DVD are fine by me, won't ever upgrade.
0 (0%)
Haven't decided yet.
0 (0%)
Don't have an HDTV.
0 (0%)
Don't care.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

THEEVILSPERKY

What format do you support?

Personally, I support blu-ray (10 movies and counting).  The majority of movie studios are backing Blu-ray (save Universal, Dreamworks, Paramount) and I believe the technical specs of a blu-ray disc have an edge over the specs of a hd-dvd disc.  Warner recently announced it would drop hd-dvd and go blu-ray exclusive (it WAS neutral with movies coming out on both formats).  Netflix recently announced it would be dropping hd-dvd as well as has Blockbuster also stated.  Best Buy officially announced it would be pushing blu-ray but will still carry hd-dvd for now.

I believe hd-dvd is a dying format but will it have a comeback?  Will it still be here this holiday season and for years to come?

I'd also like to note that it's the content that is what really matters but how you view it does matter somewhat too and that's what this thread is about. ;)
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

Shujinco2

I support the classic feel of watching movies on VHS. :)

Of course, HD DVDs are cool too!

.:DL:.

I support HD-DVD's, with just a FEW VHS movies. 

major tom