News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

What happened to traditional animation movies?

Started by Tupin, May 07, 2008, 06:55:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

The only movie I can remember seeing in the past five or so years that used traditional animation was the Simpsons Movie.

I almost hate Pixar for popularizing CGI. If they didn't make such good movies, I would hate them all the way.

So many bad CGI movies...

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Redpaige13

I guess using CGI is so much easier than traditional animation. 

Personally, if I were an animator, I'd probably move to CGI too.  I'd rather stare at a screen than flipping papers over and over and over again to see if each line and curve and character moved smoothly. 

FORNICATION BABY!

Tupin

Quote from: Redpaige13 on May 07, 2008, 07:01:18 PM
I guess using CGI is so much easier than traditional animation. 

Personally, if I were an animator, I'd probably move to CGI too.  I'd rather stare at a screen than flipping papers over and over and over again to see if each line and curve and character moved smoothly. 
Meh, I guess it's a dying art form.

I just wish there was more CGI movies that are actually detailed like Horton Hears a Who!.

DSWiiMaster42

I agree that all of Pixar's movies are awesome, but I also like some CGI films that aren't Pixar. Just some. Not every CGI movie is good though, a lot of ones I've seen recently have been pretty bad. 3 Pigs and a Baby and Pirates in Calileo are great examples. I thought they looked good when I saw them at the video store, but when I rented them, they sucked so bad. 3PaaB wasn't funny at all and the storyline was dumb as hell, and PiC had horrible animation and it wasn't entertaining.

Plus, why didn't you like the Simpsons movie? I thought it was hilarious (especially the Spider-Pig part).

Thanks to mackormoses for this badass sig!

SSBB friend code:1719-2939-0479
Characters I use: Ike (mostly), Sonic, or Captain Falcon
If you want to battle, please PM me.

Xbox Live gamercard: SegaSonic127

YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/Slashrulez724 (my old account got deleted)

Java

I had been wondering the same thing the other day.

Quote from: DSWiiMaster42 on May 08, 2008, 02:11:17 PM
Plus, why didn't you like the Simpsons movie? I thought it was hilarious (especially the Spider-Pig part).
Spider Pig was old before the movie came out.  :-\

Zovistograt

They sunk (quite literally, as Atlantis was one of the last good ones).  More and more people are attracted to pretty CGI and away from in-some-ways-less-appealing 2D animation.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Quote from: Zovistograt on May 11, 2008, 05:59:08 PM
They sunk (quite literally, as Atlantis was one of the last good ones).  More and more people are attracted to pretty CGI and away from in-some-ways-less-appealing 2D animation.
If all CGI was like how Pixar does it, I would like it.