ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

So, F Zero GX

Started by えっちーせんぱい, June 07, 2008, 04:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jono2

Quote from: Nayrman on June 17, 2008, 01:52:26 PM
Quote from: Jono2 on June 16, 2008, 10:29:38 PM
lol, i've seen a CPU get a faster time yet still finish a place behind another CPU :P

something like a thousandth of a second... I've won by that much too. :P
Yea, I beat Mission 7 Very Hard by about that much. I could never take out Blood Falcon for some odd reason.
Mission 10 was pretty easy on Very Hard....if you do the jump trick that is...

*earlier post*
yea, I agree that hte GP's are rather easy even on max difficulty. You can always take out the better racers with the super lazer trick.

whats the super laser trick?

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Nayrman

Quote from: Jono2 on June 17, 2008, 02:02:26 PM
lol, i've seen a CPU get a faster time yet still finish a place behind another CPU :P

Yea, I beat Mission 7 Very Hard by about that much. I could never take out Blood Falcon for some odd reason.

*earlier post*
yea, I agree that hte GP's are rather easy even on max difficulty. You can always take out the better racers with the super lazer trick.

Hold X, then tap left or right. A really quick lazer spurt will surround your car and pretty much instant kill anything next to you. It's only a few frames on screen, so you need good timing, but it's a LIFESAVER in the max difficulty grand prix's. I think I took out 20 racers in one race and the only ones left for the worst guys so I easily came in first.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Nayrman on June 17, 2008, 02:04:38 PM

*earlier post*

Hold X, then tap left or right. A really quick lazer spurt will surround your car and pretty much instant kill anything next to you. It's only a few frames on screen, so you need good timing, but it's a LIFESAVER in the max difficulty grand prix's. I think I took out 20 racers in one race and the only ones left for the worst guys so I easily came in first.
Isn't that the side attack? I don't remember it being called a laser attack.

Nayrman

Quote from: Blaziken on June 17, 2008, 02:05:30 PM

*earlier post*

Not the one where the car spins if that's what you're thinking off.
I can't remember what it's called, but a little lazer thingy flies around, so I call it the lazer attack

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Nayrman on June 17, 2008, 02:08:55 PM
Quote from: Blaziken on June 17, 2008, 02:05:30 PM

*earlier post*

Not the one where the car spins if that's what you're thinking off.
I can't remember what it's called, but a little lazer thingy flies around, so I call it the lazer attack
The spin and side attacks do the same thing, bit its not a laser attack.

Jono2

oh, that attack.  didn't know it was called the super laser trick.

i took out 26 of 30 racers once on one of the ruby cup races :P

Nayrman

Quote from: Jono2 on June 19, 2008, 08:00:08 AM
oh, that attack.  didn't know it was called the super laser trick.

i took out 26 of 30 racers once on one of the ruby cup races :P
I just call it that cuz its basically a super lazer.
*goes back to records*
hey, I've actually taken out ALL racers during one race! My time was 1:07:23 cuz I won by default!  ;D

Tupin

Have any of you ever played or even seen F-Zero AX?

It actually had an entire cup that you unlocked by bringing your memory card to the arcade and transfering data to it. You could also play using your own custom machines.

Now the only way to unlock the cup is with an Action Replay, as there are only 14 units left in North America. Unless you live in California, Arizona, or Nevada, you'll have to cheat to get that extra content.  ;)

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 19, 2008, 09:37:46 PM

It actually had an entire cup that you unlocked by bringing your memory card to the arcade and transfering data to it. You could also play using your own custom machines.

Now the only way to unlock the cup is with an Action Replay, as there are only 14 units left in North America. Unless you live in California, Arizona, or Nevada, you'll have to cheat to get that extra content.  ;)
Where is it in Nevada? Also, you can unlock said cup by beating all of the missions at least once, as well as doing the other cups through master.

Tupin

Quote from: Blaziken on June 19, 2008, 09:59:25 PM

Where is it in Nevada? Also, you can unlock said cup by beating all of the missions at least once, as well as doing the other cups through master.
There's one in an arcade in Henderson, which is near Las Vegas. There's also another one on The Strip inside the Luxor's arcade.

Like I said, it is super rare because they take forever to build and are huge and take up a lot of arcade space.

えっちーせんぱい

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on June 19, 2008, 10:10:55 PM

There's one in an arcade in Henderson, which is near Las Vegas. There's also another one on The Strip inside the Luxor's arcade.

Like I said, it is super rare because they take forever to build and are huge and take up a lot of arcade space.
Luxor's arcade................... :3

I'll take pics whenever I decide to head over there.

Java

Is it really that big?

Jono2

you could unlock the AX cup through normal means too... just master cup on ruby sapphire emerald and diamond.... it wasn't that hard.

Tupin

Quote from: Java_Java on June 19, 2008, 11:28:58 PM

Is it really that big?
Well, they made more Deluxe cabinets than anything else, and that one has motion so you feel every turn you make. Those kinds of machines require lots of maintenance because of all the moving parts, so very few places have them.

The normal ones don't have the motion, and also lack some machines.

But still, I wonder how much SEGA/Nintendo/Namco made in the first place...

Also, Blaziken, please do, I want to see one of those machines.

CommanderFlint

Quote from: Nayrman on June 07, 2008, 05:00:10 PM
Quote from: Commissar Torgo on June 07, 2008, 04:58:10 PM
who is the driver? and it's pretty cool
annoying british princess character...

I never made any custom stages....I always own with Phoenix...
stages?