News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Iron Man 2 Soundtrack (AC/DC) review (And AC/DC + itunes talk)

Started by Macawmoses, May 01, 2010, 06:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

My Review of AC/DC's latest album: Iron Man 2!

As I said in the review - I love love love Iron Man. The second one is going to be huge for me, and one of the few movies I am looking forward to seeing. So combine that with my favourite band, and you have an instant orgasm, well, not quite.

But I have to say...why? AC/DC won't ever release a Greatest Hits, but to me, a compilation still doesn't make sense. Angus keeps saying that messing with the order wrecks the album...so if that's the case, why not find an order and a tone that makes sense, like with Iron Man 2? To me, a greatest hits album could be achieved with the right level of thought put into it: IM2 has quite a few of the songs that would make that, so, why not fill in the gaps?

On the other hand, I applaud of AC/DC's move to avoid iTunes. I think it gives them leverage over the consumer, and personally, I hate having downloads. Making an album is much more than making songs. I hope they are never found on iTunes.

Anyways, discuss artists on iTunes, AC/DC doing compilations, the Iron Man 2 album, or whatever.

BOREDFOREVER

Back in Black seems to work just as well for a greatest hits album for them.  It covers the majority of the songs that their known for.

I am really looking forward to Iron Man 2 as well.  The first one was suprisingly good.  If they can manage to retain Ed Norton as the Hulk and Downy Jr. as Iron Man, the Avengers movie might actually be worth watching.