News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Started by The Riddler, July 15, 2010, 02:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

Lacks substance.

EDIT: Unlocked because of derp. Yeah, if this is real, it could definitely help rebound the series from that god awful movie.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Indigo

A heavy element (pun not intended) of avatar was the characters, hopefully the new ones are awesome. M. Night Shyamalan better keep his mits to himself this time around.

The Riddler

Well, if it's a new Avatar, Aang is dead. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
If the Avatar is to learn Airbending, then Aang's kids have had to be able to airbend.
If not, then the Avatar cycle would be broken.

AND WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO ZUKO'S MOTHER?

Indigo

Quote from: POSEIDON on July 15, 2010, 04:20:04 PM
Well, if it's a new Avatar, Aang is dead. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
If the Avatar is to learn Airbending, then Aang's kids have had to be able to airbend.
If not, then the Avatar cycle would be broken.

AND WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO ZUKO'S MOTHER?
Didn't [spoiler]his father kill her?[/spoiler] Also, some of the original characters will probably still be alive, maybe one. There will probably be some elder or something. Though they obviously won't be main characters <<

The Riddler

Quote from: Indigo on July 15, 2010, 04:30:00 PM
Didn't [spoiler]his father kill her?[/spoiler] Also, some of the original characters will probably still be alive, maybe one. There will probably be some elder or something. Though they obviously won't be main characters <<
It was never explained. The series ended with Zuko and his father in the prison, "WHERE IS MY MOTHER?!"

The only one I could imagine still being alive is Toph. She's fairly young, but she'll be super old. She's probably dead too.

JrDude

Quote from: POSEIDON on July 15, 2010, 04:33:16 PM
It was never explained. The series ended with Zuko and his father in the prison, "WHERE IS MY MOTHER?!"

The only one I could imagine still being alive is Toph. She's fairly young, but she'll be super old. She's probably dead too.
Maybe she could be alive. Hell, Boomie (SP?) was basically the same age as Aang, except he was never frozen, he got old and was still powerful. It is possible some of our favorite characters are alive, but they will most likely be very different, thus not really being them.

But I can see Aang having kids, and for some reason that bothers me that they may have a role in the story.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Shujinco2

My Prediction: Zuko's mother will be an important character.

Probably the one who sets the good/bad into motion, either directly, or indirectly.

So_So_Man

Quote from: Barbaloot on July 15, 2010, 06:31:42 PM
My Prediction: Zuko's mother will be an important character.

Probably the one who sets the good/bad into motion, either directly, or indirectly.
Maybe, except that if it takes place exactly 100 years later, the absolute youngest she could be is 124 (Zuko was 16, and assuming Zuko's mom gave birth at the age of 8). 

As far as predictions go, I think the White Lotus will be much more obvious (or revealed earlier), and the fire nation will be feeling expansive again (Sozen's comet is every 100 years) or it will be a firenation bender and the big bad guys will destroy the comet (or something equally ridiculous).

Cornwad

That's pretty nice. I can't wait.

JrDude

With that said by Shujinco, I have a small feeling it's gonna be similar to Lost in a way. By that I mean, some/most/all of the episodes will have flashbacks, telling us about Zuko, Zuko's mom, and some stuff relating to Aang and the gang growing up.
[move][/move]
Dude .

So_So_Man

The season/series would start epically if the previous Avatar died right off the bat.  The only problem  I have about this new series is that the main personal conflicts (eg.  to kill or not to kill, which is mixed with the benefit of the many outweighs the benefit of the few) will probably be recycled.

Rayquarian

As the N64 kid said:

YES! YES! YES! YES!

Dog Food

Too many things are called "Avatar". It's starting to piss me off.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Cornwad

Quote from: So_So_Man on July 16, 2010, 06:34:36 AM
The season/series would start epically if the previous Avatar died right off the bat.  The only problem  I have about this new series is that the main personal conflicts (eg.  to kill or not to kill, which is mixed with the benefit of the many outweighs the benefit of the few) will probably be recycled.
Yeah, they can have an ancient Aang die right when a new enemy is just about the rise in the first episode. In the second we'll flash forward sixteen years for when the new Avatar is chosen and we can catch up on what's happened.

Who would the new bad guys be?