Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Summer Reading

Started by Java, August 09, 2010, 04:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titus Andronicus

notes:

wuthering heights was awful. i dont wanna hear about no heathcliff
of mice and men had a FANTASTIC ending. i wrote a fabulous paper on it, easily the best paper i've ever written, which basically explained why everything about that book was just superb.

reading:

brave new world
downtown owl (chuck klosterman)
in the heart of the sea: the tragedy of the whaleship essex
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Mystic on August 21, 2010, 02:01:38 PM
I just started reading Nineteen Eighty-Four.
Have fun.

Quote from: Titus Andronicus on August 22, 2010, 07:38:10 PM
of mice and men had a FANTASTIC ending. i wrote a fabulous paper on it, easily the best paper i've ever written, which basically explained why everything about that book was just superb.
It really was a great ending--very sad though.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Shujinco2

I have yet to read Of Mice and Men. Perhaps I should quick go through it before school starts again.

Cornwad

I'm reading The Handmaid's Tale tonight for a test tomorrow. This book is terrible, it's like 1984 for girls and boring people.

RX-78-2

I just started reading my books. Apparently, I have to read 69 pages a day if I want to be done in time for the first day. I definitely slacked off the whole summer.

And then there are the 100 or so math problems I have to do. :(
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Dog Food

Quote from: Light on August 10, 2010, 02:26:55 PM
Taking AP American Literature this upcoming year. Had to read Of Mice and Men and Catcher in the Rye. Still have to read this modern fiction book called The Book Thief for a general summer reading test.
I read all three of those books on my own time. Loved all of them, particularly Catcher in the Rye and The Book Thief.
Quote from: Mystic on August 21, 2010, 02:01:38 PM
I just started reading Nineteen Eighty-Four.
Another book I loved.

I'm taking AP English this year, and I had to read Jane Eyre and Wide Sargasso Sea. Jane Eyre was good, but I didn't care as much for the latter (but that could be due to the fact that I was running out of time and I just wanted it to be done, so I didn't have the leisure to enjoy it).

For AP European History I had to read Johnny Got His Gun, which I loved. And as an optional book, I chose Animal Farm, which I loved just as much, if not more (I must just like George Orwell, or political satires).

It was definitely a good year for summer reading.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Cornwad

Catcher in the Rye was a lot of fun because we got to watch Finding Forrester after we finished reading it. I still forget that William Forrester isn't a real person and that Avalon Landing isn't a real book. I wish Sean Connery wrote Catcher in the Rye instead, he's a lot more interesting than Salinger. Also, didn't Salinger die a while ago? Why haven't all of his other books been published yet?