News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Guitar Hero 5: Hey look, I updated this. Full Setlist inside.

Started by Thirdkoopa, May 15, 2009, 12:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on May 20, 2009, 04:24:21 PM
Eww:
"-25% Of the setlist is composed of songs from the last 18 months"

It's a known fact 90% of the songs released in that time are utter garbage.
...Surprisingly we didn't end out with too much of that garbage.

Anyhow, updated with a full list. (Finally?) Being the rhythm game fan I am, I already have this and TB:Rock Band pre-ordered. It's only a few more days before it comes out, and there's been a lot from when we first got info to now.

My opinions/thoughts: I actually like this more than WT. It doesn't have that many repeats (At least, before it comes out) Just one foreign song, and It's a pretty good balance. A lot of the songs look fun on at least 1-3 instruments, and more bands I'm a huge fan of than I was with WT.

...Add to the fact that I can export WT/SH Into it so I'll have all my favorite bands spread across only two discs (woooo)

Quote from: Fell on May 24, 2009, 02:18:25 PM
Crap. Alter Bridge. Now I might have to buy this game.... :robotindifferent:
...Actually ended out a typo and ended out in VH, but now thanks to the VH Deal...
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

RX-78-2

*Extremely high-pitched squeal of delight* :P --> *chest heaves up and down* :O

THIS IS...

TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. :)

Holy crud. I'm definitely taking advantage of this. I think I'll also pre-order The Beatles: Rock Band while I'm at it.

We should have some sort of online (Xbox Live/Playstation Network) party. Everyone does Band Quickplay on a certain date at a certain time. That could be fun.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Custom

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on May 17, 2009, 04:25:14 PM
-Sex on Fire - Kings of Leon

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY
Singing this will be awesome.
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU
YA SEX IS ON FIYAAH

It's not I already have it.

"-Hyperspeed is no longer found in the cheats menu. NEW!"

WHY?
WHAT THE FUCK. It's still in the game right? I'm addicted to breakneck.

Anyway, I bet it is going to disappoint everyone like GH:SH. Have fun kids.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Customrobo13 on August 20, 2009, 04:24:25 PM
It's not I already have it.

"-Hyperspeed is no longer found in the cheats menu. NEW!"

WHY?
WHAT THE FUCK. It's still in the game right? I'm addicted to breakneck.

Anyway, I bet it is going to disappoint everyone like GH:SH. Have fun kids.
1)Opinion
2)Yeah, you no longer have to put in a code, it's in another option menu.
3)I wasn't disappointed by GH:SH At all.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Custom

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on August 20, 2009, 06:31:54 PM
1)Opinion
2)Yeah, you no longer have to put in a code, it's in another option menu.
3)I wasn't disappointed by GH:SH At all.

1. Observation.
2. Good.
3. Okay, just saying. Most of my friends were. Some of the charts were done pretty badly.

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Silverhawk79

Final setlist looks okay. Not great, but I'll probably at least rent it.

CoasterKid93

1.) This is a pretty bad setlist aside from a few songs.
2.) Every song is going to be over-charted.
3.) Guitar Hero: Van Halen will have some of the worst charts ever created.

Good luck with that.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Rayquarian

As usual, I barely know any of the songs.  How is it possible that there are people who actually know enough of these songs to judge the entire thing?

KingBoo

The set list is pretty bad honestly. If I end up getting a rythym game I'll stick with TB:RB, maybe rent this or something. Vampire Weekend? Fuck off.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: Customrobo13 on August 20, 2009, 10:11:06 PM
1. Observation.
2. Good.
3. Okay, just saying. Most of my friends were. Some of the charts were done pretty badly.
1) of course, vocals is the most debateable instrument on what is fun. Some people may have fun on per say, a talkie song while others don't.
2) Yeah, It's so people can use competitions without debates on If It's a cheat, and It's so people can use it seperately while other's dont during PFO, switching it online easier, etc. Much better than how HMX Did BNS. (When playing against nubs online either all speed up or w/e)
3) Some charts were. I won't disagree with that.

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on August 22, 2009, 03:58:35 PM
1.) This is a pretty bad setlist aside from a few songs.
2.) Every song is going to be over-charted.
3.) Guitar Hero: Van Halen will have some of the worst charts ever created.

Good luck with that.
1)you haven't heard the full setlist, unlike me. ;D
2)It's been leaked already...No over charts. I expected 3 note chords where there were suppose to be 2 in Back Round and uh...nope
3)No, worst charts ever created goes to GH3 and Customs.

Quote from: Rayquarian on August 22, 2009, 05:04:39 PM
As usual, I barely know any of the songs.  How is it possible that there are people who actually know enough of these songs to judge the entire thing?
I've listened to the entire setlist...
...But I don't think anybody else here has, and yeah. Agreed. + WT/SH (and soon others) And DLC Songs get updated to.

Quote from: KingBoo on August 23, 2009, 06:36:39 AM
The set list is pretty bad honestly. If I end up getting a rythym game I'll stick with TB:RB, maybe rent this or something. Vampire Weekend? Fuck off.
The Bronx, Dire Straights, David Bowie, Kings of Leon, and Megadeth are horrible? Count me in for Horrible! And Vampire Weekend is there because of the awesome bass in A-Punk (Extremely hard to hear, but once a video comes up I'll show you) There's a ton of awesome songs on each instrument here...But I can see why this would be "WTF O_O" To anyone who's only heard like 10 songs.

But yeah, considering The Beatles are your favorite band, I'd go with that first and at least wait for some more impressions about the game. (And take a listen to more songs off of this)

KingBoo

The Bronx, Dire Straights, David Bowie, Kings of Leon, and Megadeth are horrible? Count me in for Horrible! And Vampire Weekend is there because of the awesome bass in A-Punk (Extremely hard to hear, but once a video comes up I'll show you) There's a ton of awesome songs on each instrument here...But I can see why this would be "WTF O_O" To anyone who's only heard like 10 songs.

But yeah, considering The Beatles are your favorite band, I'd go with that first and at least wait for some more impressions about the game. (And take a listen to more songs off of this)
[/quote]
Of course not. But when a fourth of the songs are annoyingly bad, it's a bad setlist. There's definetely some good songs in there, but most of these aren't even the artist's best, or in some cases even close to that. Btw, I've heard at least 75% of the songs so....
Also, if a song is only great for one instrument...it's not fun for everybody. Maybe single player, but it will leave someone bored in band play.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: KingBoo on August 23, 2009, 11:52:51 AM
Of course not. But when a fourth of the songs are annoyingly bad, it's a bad setlist. There's definetely some good songs in there, but most of these aren't even the artist's best, or in some cases even close to that. Btw, I've heard at least 75% of the songs so....
Also, if a song is only great for one instrument...it's not fun for everybody. Maybe single player, but it will leave someone bored in band play.
One fourth: 21 tracks bring down the awesomeness of 64 tracks? + Remember, you can export WT And SH And delete the bad songs, then If you want at any point you can Re-download them for free. It can't always be the artists best, and most are pretty good (Aside from "Make It Wit Chu" <_<)

And yeah, in band play, It'll leave someone bored...A lot of these songs in these games do leave someone bored/with a lesser role. Vocals however may be fun (Remember: Vocals is an opinionated instrument when it comes to it) Drums sound interesting, but we'll have to wait to see (Most drum tracks are very good on this setlist, along with vocals imo) But listening to A-Punk, It's mainly for 'WTF @ BASS' And because they're a popular band/It's a popular song that hasn't been used yet. It sounds like it'll be pretty fun in band play, an d at least it's short.

KingBoo

Quote from: Thirdkoopa on August 23, 2009, 12:10:05 PM
One fourth: 21 tracks bring down the awesomeness of 64 tracks? + Remember, you can export WT And SH And delete the bad songs, then If you want at any point you can Re-download them for free. It can't always be the artists best, and most are pretty good (Aside from "Make It Wit Chu" <_<)

And yeah, in band play, It'll leave someone bored...A lot of these songs in these games do leave someone bored/with a lesser role. Vocals however may be fun (Remember: Vocals is an opinionated instrument when it comes to it) Drums sound interesting, but we'll have to wait to see (Most drum tracks are very good on this setlist, along with vocals imo) But listening to A-Punk, It's mainly for 'WTF @ BASS' And because they're a popular band/It's a popular song that hasn't been used yet. It sounds like it'll be pretty fun in band play, an d at least it's short.
That's 43 tracks. 43 tracks isn't that great. Oh, and remember, WT and SH are even more money so you can export them.

Vocals are normally fun on most tracks, typically you wouldn't get an instrumental. Drums are normally a bit of fun no matter what track, unless it's something incredibly slow or boring. Also, you shouldn't include a poopty song because it's popular and has a good bass track. Sure it's short. I can name plenty of songs that are short, and could have been included over this.

CoasterKid93

Actually you posted pretty much all of the set list and it is not very good, except for about 10 or 15 songs.
Quote from: whatwewishfor on March 14, 2014, 09:35:19 AM
DINAH I EAT DINAH EVERY NIGHT LAST NIGHT I HAD PIZZA HAHAHAHAH

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: CoasterKid93 on August 23, 2009, 03:31:32 PM
Actually you posted pretty much all of the set list and it is not very good, except for about 10 or 15 songs.
Heard as in: Listened to EVERY Song on this.
Quote from: KingBoo on August 23, 2009, 12:28:58 PM
That's 43 tracks. 43 tracks isn't that great. Oh, and remember, WT and SH are even more money so you can export them.

Vocals are normally fun on most tracks, typically you wouldn't get an instrumental. Drums are normally a bit of fun no matter what track, unless it's something incredibly slow or boring. Also, you shouldn't include a poopty song because it's popular and has a good bass track. Sure it's short. I can name plenty of songs that are short, and could have been included over this.
43 Tracks you like? Still cheaper than DLC, and you can just get the 360 manual from a friend who has no interest in exporting, and just pay 5$ For the exporting fee. Viola, 50 or w/e more tracks that you actually like.

Would they have a good bass track is the question. Some people like "A-Punk" And a lot of requests for the next GH Game was "MOAR INDIE" And of course, considering as you said, generally drums and vocals are fun, so It's mainly upon bass/guitar and balancing additions. Remember: One man's trash is another man's treasure (I deeply think this song is annoying to, but hey, 3/4 instruments...Can't argue that)