News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

What Do YOU Want In Super Smash Bros. 4?

Started by JrDude, July 09, 2009, 06:07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DededeCloneChris

This thread may be as well as a complaint letter...

Custom

No. Fuck Brawl.

They should just re-release Melee with a few extra stages and online that works + leaderboards. I'd buy that game in a heartbeat.

Also make sure you have to work for the characters, find out how to get them. Not LOL LET'S PLAY THE STORY MODE AND GET ALL OF THEM IN 30 MINUTES LOL XD

Edit:
Also guys, ROB is much more deserving to be in the game than Lucario. :\

Double edit to the kid with the batchu sig:
As much as I love Square, none of them in Brawl. The memorable FF characters should be in some kind of Sony Brawl thing.
And oh god NO KINGDOM HEARTS CHARACTERS IN BRAWL. EVER

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

jnfs2014

Custom tells the truth. Melee+online and chars/stages=WINm

DededeCloneChris

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

I know this is a rather old topic, but this board could use some more life, and I would rather post in this one than create a new one. + Mack said I could. I'd normally quote posts for what I feel like replying to, but nobody likes reading gigantic quote trees. Going to go out however and simply say that for the most part, I agree with Hoss, Jr, and HTA. Partly custom as well. I'll just be going through opinions and some stuff on all the topics; Especially since I don't care much due to having the HB Channel.

Melee: Or you know guys; Just copy the physics and the stages mainly then improve on the rest from ground up/other smash engines. From a developer's Point of View, re-releasing a game that didn't sell as good as the sequel isn't the best idea for a sequel.

Roster: Well, this is what seems to be topical the most. First off, with the whole Pokemon/Fire Emblem/What the Devs want business: I might as well denote now that it wasn't the dev team who had this choice. Since both are big series with changing icons, the companies (Intelligent Systems and the Pokemon Co; iirc) Are in charge of this one. With Third-Parties, from what I last recall, Nintendo's part of that one. Outside of that, anything within Nintendo that has no legal rights or programming issues is all available to them. Yes, they can add the Happy Mask Salesman or a Goomba If they really hated us and just have the reason "It looks cool".

Now, JrDude got it correct on characters. Some of you are sounding a bit to "Cut Happy" When cutting characters receives a lot of backlash. Mewtwo and Roy got Backlash; They've only been in one game, and yet I hear people screaming about Falco who's been in two. Cutting should only be done when the character is a true "Dud". The only character that comes into mind when I think of cutting characters is Lucario, and that's simply to shove room for the next "Newer" Pokemon Icon. Speaking of which, this is where I say that Roy makes more sense than Sigurd or Sothe for a third lord. He's basically like all those existing lords except with a huge amount of popularity from Smash as well. Furthermore, while Falco doesn't have as much priority as Krystal, Wolf, and Fox, he sure does have the reoccurance in Smash and in his own series, thus warranting him to stay along with Wolf while Krystal possibly tags along.

As for ROB/Ice Climbers/Etc: Picked because they're Retro and some are iconic to Nintendo's history. ROB Helped sell off the idea of the NES Being an entertainment console. You know, this game isn't only about representing what's recent. It's about Nintendo's entire history. If we go by what's popular only, the roster would be mostly Pokemon and Mario characters.

And Sora/KH Characters won't happen. To get Sora, you'd have to go through Disney and Square Enix. Why would they do that when they could just get a Final Fantasy character or a Dragon Quest one from SE? Then you have to throw in the possibility of SE Even teaming up with Sakurai/Smash/The Devs.

Physics: I'll make this one snappy unlike the Roster one. HTA Got this spot on. Every smash game has been different with some basis on the previous one, so I think the best direction to go is a mixture of all three along with some new stuff. Mainly moreso Melee influence, but who's to say that 64 and Brawl are totally bad? I personally enjoy all three of them around equally and would love a perfect mix. If you're going to just rip off one thing straight from Melee, this gets close to my number 1# With Melee Stages tied in.

Oh and On/Off switch at most for Random Tripping. Can't believe it took four pages for someone to say that.

Adventure Mode: I'm the only person who dislikes Melee's and Brawl's, right? Here's the thing: I'm playing a fighting game, not "Attempt to have a cheesy plotline" And I've stated in another thread my extreme distaste for Brawl's SSE. 64 I feel got the kind of similar feel right. That with Event Match on a much bigger scale would be easier than a mode that most will only play through once.

Online: Anyone who said "Improve it to living hell until it can't be improved anymore" And "Add leaderboards" Gets a cookie from me. I'm starting to think someone should send a huge letter on what should be improved or something like that to get there attention. I mean, let's face it. For Replayability, one of the main things that beats all is having a more "Stable" Online.

Stage Builder/Stages: There isn't much of a discussion on this, but improving on Stage Builder would be nice. I've already played online some with Stage Builder due to codes, so It'd be nice to implement Stage Builder on "With Friends"; Bringing back all the stages would be a nice touch as well. For new stages, three words: Paper. Mario. TTYD.

Music: Smash remixes can be good as long as they're not overdone. There's your proof.

There; That's enough for today.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Lotos

Quote from: tollhouse2006 on August 21, 2009, 07:26:40 AM
-Of course more characters.  since we lost five and got 15 we pretty much increased the roster by 10.  I think 50 characters minimum.  Only Newcomers that deserve to be in this time.  No side party characters like Waluigi.  More villians and female combatents.  All franchises should be well represented.   

-Bring back the unlucky characters.  I disagree with Young Link though.  Toon Link is basically our Young Link now.

-Adjust movesets so they are more diversed.  (Luigi, Falco, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Lucas, etc are fine.  Fox and Falco both use guns and reflectors in their games, makes sense they are similar.  same goes for the others i mentioned.  Characters like Ganondorf, Pichu, and Toon Link need new moves. 

-Sakurai owes Falco, Wolf, Lucas, Toon Link and the next newcomers final smashes that are actually well thought out and aren't the same thing as

We don't need Falco or Toon Link

-For crying out loud, change Ganondorf.  Make his use his sword and his fists.  Ganondorf is not Falcon's dad.  Making a new Ganondorf move set is easy.

-Stop taking away stages.  And no more stupid stages. Not another rumble falls type stage or anything stupid like 75m.  Bring all the stages from melee and smash 64 back and dont change them.  That windmill issue at pkmn stadium is annoying.

It gives more elements to the game.  You tourneyfags like flat stages, why can't you just stick with your Final Destination?

-Make the characters well balanced.  Test how they're like with everyone else. Make Falcon stronger and MK less powerful.

-Eliminate tripping.  Make chain grabs impossible to do.  Eliminate locks as well.
No, make a switch asking if it should be on or not.

-Lose the pointless modes such as Masterpieces, Rotation, that list of games, challenges (let us figure stuff out),  we could've had a couple of characters in to replace that wasted space.

-Focus all attention to multiplayer.  Unlike single mode it's not repetitive.   
I can vouch for the other way around.

-No subspace this time, it was nice but we'd rather have more characters.

-Keep classic.  Bring back 20 minute adventure.  Give us more hearts in all-star.  No boss mode.  Eliminate 15 minute brawl.  That's not fun at all and no one has ever liked it.  Give all characters their own target smash level.

More hearts?  Like Jr said, what do you suck or something?  Also, moar board the platforms.

-Can there actually be cool pkmn in smash 4?  no stuffed animals please.  pkmn battles arent fun anymore.  and if moltres is in it put zapdos and articuno in too. 

If you mean from the Pokeballs, then yes.  Those birds can't be playable.

-Do all the assist trophies have to be either useless or cheap.  I thought they were supposed to assist not to do all the work so the user can just sit back and watch.

-For items try to make them require more skill to use.

- stage builder is fine but we need more backgrounds and pieces.  perhapes water, breakable blocks, lava, something interesting like that.

-allow us to see our random character before the match begins.    give good alternate costumes to characters.  link-zora armor,
Isn't that the point of a random character?  To test your skills?

-make the replay time limit enough for any match that's over 3 minutes which is 90% of the time.

-stickers are stupid.  put more trophies.  coin launcher is okay but there are better ideas for obtaining trophies.

- no opera theme for the game.  brawls theme is horrible.  plus for music dont waste space and put stupid tracks like wii menu or anything that sounds like we're in an elevator.  music was a bit overdone in brawl.

-And finally improve the quality on online play. 
Good luck with that.  We'll still have friend codes, so it will definitely be poop.  I at least want a friends list option if I like who I'm playing with online.
There, the perfect smash.

StarWindWizard7

They NEED to get rid of Tripping.
wtf was Sakurai thinking when he thought about putting that in?

The only mode should be a lot better. Everything everybody mention really should be added.
I know the game is complex and all, but the other systems pull this stuff off with out a hitch. Why can't Nintendo do the same thing?

I would Love more characters. I am greedy, Max the character slot OUT. I don't care if it's over 70+!!

Stage builder was a good concept but it was lacking in a Ton of areas.

No more friend codes.
Add voice (optional of course)
More varieties in team colors (Black, Yellow, Purple, Orange etc etc)

About Clones, I really don't care for them as much, meaning.... If they are in, that's fine...if not, that's also fine.
HTA and Nayr make good points about the clone debate issue, and I agree on both sides of the debate.
The creators are so... Un-creative to the point it's just horrible.

I enjoyed SSE, especially with a friend playing with you.
THOUGH, I think it'd be better if that was also online.
I want to say everything you can do "normally" you should have the option of doing it online.
(nothing is wrong with having an Online Version/Option of the entire game!) - why not?

That's all I could think of, but I'm sure there is more.

Qsmash

Quote from: NOJ_CUSTOM on August 23, 2009, 12:30:28 AM
They should just re-release Melee with a few extra stages and online that works + leaderboards.
Custom knows right. I'd buy 10 copies of this.

Thirdkoopa

To anyone who said "Bring back Board the Platforms" I'm personally curious to see more ideas dwell into that, since it was an essentially easier version of Break the Targets for the most part. One thing that I think could be done is bring those fire objects from the original Bowser's Castle (The things that run in a loop). Another thing is ones where you have to recover in a certain way.

Quote from: Lotos on December 23, 2009, 02:29:04 PM
Toon Link and Falco
To be fair; Most supporting characters to a franchise aren't really "Needed" But just great additions. Falco and Toon Link fall under that for there perspective franchises, so they can stay.

As for Stages; Uh, that's not all they play on. It's rather hypocritical to say "REMOVE 75M" Yet "Bring back most stages" In the same post, but It's not so bad to ask for more of a limit on them.

Quote from: NOA_STAR on December 23, 2009, 07:39:46 PM
I would Love more characters. I am greedy, Max the character slot OUT. I don't care if it's over 70+!!
Characters are great and all, but you have to think about it. Quite a bit of time goes into just adding one character. Then after adding that one character, you have to balance It's moveset. You have to compare the moveset to 38 other characters before the Metagame's developed. Then to top that, you have to Glitch Test, and balance it out in the other modes as well I.E. Free For All, Doubles, etc. There's more to easily go with that. To ask for 70 characters and balance simply won't work.

Quote from: Qsmash on December 23, 2009, 08:55:35 PM
Custom knows right. I'd buy 10 copies of this.
Quote from: Third K on December 23, 2009, 10:35:09 AM
Melee: Or you know guys; Just copy the physics and the stages mainly then improve on the rest from ground up/other smash engines. From a developer's Point of View, re-releasing a game that didn't sell as good as the sequel isn't the best idea for a sequel.

Remake in the potential future? Yes. No questions asked. Passing it off alone (Which is why HTA/Hoss get points for just wanting to do that)? If you find a time machine, get nintendo to make good online, and kill Sakurai before Brawl was came up with, then yeah; It can happen.
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

JrDude

ThirdK seems to make the most sense here, or maybe it's just because he types a lot so he seems more logical.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: JrDude ½ on December 23, 2009, 10:41:27 PM
ThirdK seems to make the most sense here, or maybe it's just because he types a lot so he seems more logical.
I wouldn't really say I'm that logical; I just have a bad habit with tangents. D: + I'm just giving reasoning behind stuff, most other's are just wishlisting. Whether more realistic or not than other wishes is debatable. While wishlisting is great, there's always the "Reality" Fence that kicks in.

But I do think a lot of you have sensible ideas as well; I would really like a Melee remake personally and would buy it day one.

StarWindWizard7

I understand what you mean Third K, but as I said, it's how I would feel.
So for it to go Under "wishful thinking" so be that.
What ever problems or difficulties anybody would have, it can surely be over come.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: NOA_STAR on December 24, 2009, 12:22:07 AM
I understand what you mean Third K, but as I said, it's how I would feel.
So for it to go Under "wishful thinking" so be that.
What ever problems or difficulties anybody would have, it can surely be over come.
It can be overcome, but that doesn't mean it's easy. Brawl was left with a jackload of glitches and had roughly the same balance as Melee did with It's roster in a bigger time period of working on one and a bigger staff.

Personally, I think better online is the cure to replay value. I'd take better working servers and rooms that allow me to decide what I want to do over a story mode I'll only play once.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Third K on January 04, 2010, 08:50:25 AM

Personally, I think better online is the cure to replay value. I'd take better working servers and rooms that allow me to decide what I want to do over a story mode I'll only play once.

QFT

You have no idea how many people I'm sure feels the same way you do.