News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is now out. (Contains SPOILERS) Be Warned.

Started by SkyMyl, May 23, 2010, 11:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

When are you getting it?

Already got it.
4 (21.1%)
Sometime this week/month, when I have more cash.
7 (36.8%)
Eventually.
5 (26.3%)
I'm not getting it anytime soon.
2 (10.5%)
Fuck no I'm not intercourse ing getting Galaxy 2.
1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Someguy13

Done. It's done. I never have to play that part again.

[spoiler]
I managed to save some clouds for the Hammer Bro part and was able to use them to skip almost all of that part.
[/spoiler]

Nayrman

Quote from: Someguy13 on May 27, 2010, 08:48:26 PM
Done. It's done. I never have to play that part again.

[spoiler]
I managed to save some clouds for the Hammer Bro part and was able to use them to skip almost all of that part.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Navigating it isn't hard at all, it's the sheer number of crap the game throws at you is the hard part. I use up all the clouds to skip the flip switch area because it's annoying. Exporting the video and then an upload. But with my connection that may take a while.[/spoiler]

Someguy13

Quote from: Nayrman on May 27, 2010, 09:41:03 PM
[spoiler]Navigating it isn't hard at all, it's the sheer number of crap the game throws at you is the hard part. I use up all the clouds to skip the flip switch area because it's annoying. Exporting the video and then an upload. But with my connection that may take a while.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Yeah navigating it wasn't really hard but the clouds let me be a lot quicker so the Hammer bros had less time to hit me. Like most of my deaths came from getting hammered as I was making my way across those flipping platforms so I just skipped that.
I only used one cloud on the flip switch part. I did it so many times I was able to make it past the first three shockwave things no problem, After that I could just long jump, make a cloud and long jump off that and I was at the Sling Star.
[/spoiler]

Nayrman

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Well, here's the vid if anyone is interested.

DededeCloneChris

Currently, I have [spoiler]59 stars[/spoiler] as of now. I'm putting new records on the missions as well. :D

Someguy13

Quote from: Nayrman on May 28, 2010, 06:09:32 AM
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Well, here's the vid if anyone is interested.
You do the first, second, and fourth parts exactly the same as me except I do the second part backwards.

I don't think I could bring myself to play that level again for a video for a while. Good job.

DededeCloneChris

I thought they got rid of the [spoiler]Pranskter Comets, but they're there. Ugh, they make levels harder to pass, alright. But I have to say that some are really random...like the Hightail Falls one.[/spoiler]

Cornwad

That's a nice video. I still can't get over how nice the Throwback music is.

SkyMyl

Currently at the beginning of World 6, with 84 or 88 stars, and every possible Cosmic Coin/Comet Medal.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: SkyMyl on May 28, 2010, 08:27:54 PM
Currently at the beginning of World 6, with 84 or 88 stars, and every possible Cosmic Coin/Comet Medal.
I now must avoid the thought about beating you to the final boss...

...Whew, I did it. ;)

Triforceman22

Wow, you're crazy good at Galaxy 2 Nayr.

Well I bought it.
Havn't had much time to play it, but i'm at world 5 with 49 stars.
Really fun though.

I have a question, which World has the throwback galaxy?

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

Gwen Khan

Quote from: Triforceman22 on May 29, 2010, 06:59:45 AM

Well I bought it.
Really fun though.

world 6

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on May 29, 2010, 06:59:45 AM

Well I bought it.
Really fun though.

World 6.

And I'm not crazy good at galaxy 2. I'm just REALLY experienced at Mario games. I've played them since I was 4, I just know how they work.

Someguy13

Quote from: Nayrman on May 29, 2010, 08:11:18 AM
World 6.

And I'm not crazy good at galaxy 2. I'm just REALLY experienced at Mario games. I've played them since I was 4, I just know how they work.
Modest.

I've been playing since I was 3 but I'll bet you got a clear time on the last star where I died so many times that it took so long the game pretty much just said "**** it I lost count of how many hours he's been trying this".

Granted I was half asleep (from being up almost all night before) but I don't count that as an excuse since I've beaten tons of games like that.

SkyMyl

Beat the game a few hours ago, and I just got all 120 stars. The Purple Coins for Rainbow Road were an absolute ninny to get.

[spoiler]And then the Green Stars opened up and I started crying.[/spoiler]