News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Connecting a Wiimote to a computer

Started by bluaki, October 31, 2007, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kraziwun

That's amazingly awesome!

If I ever get my laptop back I'll have to try it.

Zovistograt

:O

All I need is a bluetooth adapter now :P

but if bluaki doesn't get MotM for this something's wrong
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

bluaki

Quote from: Kraziwun on November 24, 2007, 11:36:07 PM
That's amazingly awesome!

If I ever get my laptop back I'll have to try it.
Does your laptop have built-in bluetooth?
Quote from: Zovistograt on November 25, 2007, 02:46:10 PM
:O

All I need is a bluetooth adapter now :P

but if bluaki doesn't get MotM for this something's wrong
Thanks. ;D

Mutilator7

Yeah this is pretty cool idea, you can already play flash games that don't require anything other than pointing with the wiimote and clicking A

bluaki

This board is way more active than NFES board. I moved it (didn't know I'm able to) and edited the guide to not be specifically aimed towards NFES.

::Poledra::

This is really cool!  I'll have to try this on my laptop - it's Vista, so I'll let you know how it works...Thanks Bluaki :)

*Kagome_Higurashi*

I don't think my dongle works. Sometimes it will work and other times it won't. I don't want to buy a new one but I think I am going to have to.
Candy-Stripe a cancer ward. It's not my problem.

bluaki

In case this guide gets any popularity, I will make GlovePIE scripts on request if you tell me what the button mapping should be. They can be made for Wiimote, Nunchuk, and Classic Controller.

...except I'm not very good at making scripts use the IR lens nor the accelerometers.

Also, it's possible to make the joysticks output to different buttons depending on how far you're pushing it. (which can work nicely with some N64 emulators)

DIMENTIO1

hey blu, will this work on vista utimate 64  SP1 on a laptop? i have built in bluetooth and i set it up and all but the wiimote LEDs wont stop flashing. also, when i try to use a glovePIE script like Mouse-joystick or test and all, it wont detect the remote's movement the mouse cursor just drifts to the northwest part of my screen. im using the pre-installed bluetooth driver. i didnt alter it or nu'n just followed your guide. any help plz?