News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Another Nintendo Direct

Started by Neerb, August 28, 2012, 07:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

It's tomorrow at 7 AM Est; the reason I posted it here on Handhelds is because they said they will not be discussing the Wii U, so I assume it's mostly 3DS stuff. It should also be noted that there will not be a North American version of this conference, so prepare to read translations and don't get your hopes up on getting Western release dates for anything.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/28/new-nintendo-direct-retailer-briefing-this-week

Curiously, a major online game store recently added "Majora's Mask 3D" to their listing and immediately removed it; some people are thinking this may have been a leak, and that Operation Moonfall may finally be getting what it wants as a reveal in the conference. Of course, it could just be the store trying to get publicity; I'm hoping the former.

Zero

i'd buy it

oh god i'd buy it so hard

Neerb

Well, no Majora's Mask as far as I could tell, but cool stuff nonetheless.

- Professor Layton 6 has been announced and will probably be the end of the series.
- GameFreak is making a new action-rhythm-platformer called HarmoKnight.
- New Paper Mario Sticker Star footage.
- New Animal Crossing Jump Out footage (with TONS of new things; I'm now officially wanting to get back into the Animal Crossing after abandoning it in Wild World).
- Some Monster Hunter 4 info... couldn't tell what they were saying.
- A new Dragon Quest will be arriving on 3DS, in addition to the Wii and Wii U titles already announced. The 3DS one will give people a better single-player experience since the Wii U one will be an MMO.

Zero

DQX is already out in Japan, for future reference.

I'm pretty interested in HarmoKnight. Hope it comes stateside.

DededeCloneChris

When they say it's the last Layton game, they always mean otherwise.

Tupin

Majora's Mask 3D was a hoax.

The new Animal Crossing looks awesome, glad they brought the police station back.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.