New ds? Ds compact?

Started by darkmario, May 27, 2008, 02:21:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it real (see video below)?

Yes,it has to be real.
1 (33.3%)
No,its clearly fake.
1 (33.3%)
There is going to be one,but thats not it.
1 (33.3%)
There is never going to be a new one,if they make a new one its going to be a new system entierly.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: May 30, 2008, 02:21:02 PM

darkmario

Heres the vid: http://youtube.com/watch?v=8Qd5WRUnqcM

And here is the description next to the vid(dont read untill you watch the vid):
"This is the official leaked concept for the next DS Lite! This is new Nintendo DS lite, is much smaller and lighter than the DS lite, however at the moment we are unable to confirm GBA compatibility.
NB speakers are clearly visible at 6 seconds.
This is confirmed from one of our sources to be hitting the stores Q3 09!
Confirmed specs:
WiFi: Up to 50m range & WPA support
Radio: AM/FM support
Media: Support for movies and music with TF compatible slot one card
Screens: Sharper with 6 brightness settigns (incl off)
Battery: 2000mAh up to 20hrs playtime
Mic: Higher quality
We will be adding more information as we receive it!"

Any ways,real or fake?

I'm still questioning the source of the video,but it looks official,but people have done that with mario galaxy for the ds.

But if its real i'm getting it! The piano black

SkyMyl

Wow, it looks freaking awesome. But I don't think it's real. We probably will get a new one, but it won't be that...sexy...looking...DS...

Anyway, false.

Silverhawk79

I hope it's true, though I don't play my DS hardly at all anymore.

SkyMyl

darkmario

Unknown0

Looks cool, however I doubt it.

...Why not wait a few more years and make a completely new handheld?  :|

THEEVILSPERKY

That thing is fugly, I'm sorry, but no way.  There's no way that THING can be real.

I've seen that before, many many many months ago, and it's no more appealing now than it was then.

Can you imagine all the problems you'd have with that thing?  It sliding in on itself whilst you play, etc... man... the folding design in fine... you'd need locking mechanisms to deal with to keep that thing open methinks.. argh.. and the exposed buttons.  I don't think they'd go with two DS designs that close in on the buttons to something radical like that which exposes the face.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

WiiGuy

I didn't like it :-\
the whole thing on how it closes and how thick it is compared to the DS lite...

if Nintendo were to make a new version of the DS they should take the DS lites design and make that smaller, not a whole new design.

Zovistograt

Obviously fake, but kinda cool...although I don't see how that folding mechanism could possibly work AND be comfortable.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

*Kagome_Higurashi*

hmm. That thing is pretty cool but I don't know if that is really true. I thought they would mention something at the pre E3 press conference coming up.
Candy-Stripe a cancer ward. It's not my problem.