News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Sonic Back in 2D

Started by Macawmoses, May 06, 2009, 06:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

QuoteGameloft®, a leading publisher and developer of video games on mobile phones and consoles, today announced a licensing agreement with SEGA® Europe Ltd. to develop, publish and distribute multiple mobile games based on SEGA brands. This is the first partnership between Gameloft and SEGA® Europe Ltd.

"We are confident this agreement will be the first step towards a long term partnership between Gameloft and SEGA," said Michel Guillemot, president, Gameloft. "SEGA's great brands coupled with Gameloft's long standing history of excellence in mobile game development can only result in an extraordinary mobile experience for consumers."

"With so much entertainment on the go, it seems natural to provide fans with a mobile game based on the much loved Sonic brand," said Gary Rowe, A&R Director, SEGA® Europe Ltd. "Gameloft's unwavering commitment to quality mobile games combined with a successful track record of bestsellers and unmatched worldwide distribution make them uniquely qualified to develop Sonic Unleashed™ for mobile."

Wow, what can I say? Unleashed in 2D on your cell phone? It could be good. Really good. Mind you, I see a WiiWare release as something that would work - not a cell phone version. Why not just make a NEW 2D sonic title, like Mega Man? Thoughts on this sort of awesome, partially disturbing news?

Nayrman

Sonic 4 please...
I'm sorry but all cell phone games suck, and they're not worth buying (like most crap on cell phones nowadays)

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Nayrman on May 06, 2009, 07:02:18 PM
Sonic 4 please...
I'm sorry but all cell phone games suck, and they're not worth buying (like most crap on cell phones nowadays)
Do like Final Fantasy IV and make a WiiWare title out from mobile game.

JrDude

Unlikely for them to ever make a new 2D game ever again, but a 3D in 2D style sounds reasonable. Already done on DS, but yeah, I doubt SEGA 2Dness will return for consoles.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Zero

Games and mobile phones won't get along unless we get something like the DS or the PSP with phone capabilities.

The NGage was a failed machine, too many flaws with it. You don't need number keys, you could just input the number with the control pad and an X/A button. Not difficult. Or hell, voice recognition or a contact list with pre-uploaded numbers would work.

With all that said, I've yet to play a typical cell phone game thats worth a crap. I always have my DS or PSP on hand anyways, no point in playing cell phone games.

X-3

I...have this feeling that it won't be 2D, as terrible as that sounds. Or something.

Doodle

Sounds like it could be cool.
But I'd rather just see a Sonic 4, like what Capcom did with Mega Man 9.
YEAH

SkyMyl

Want...Sonic 4...so badly....