News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Pokemon "World"? Something I've always wanted to see.

Started by The Riddler, January 23, 2008, 03:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Riddler

A World of Warcraft-esque Pokemon game.
As in, MMORPG.

You'd play it almost exactly like the original game, but Pokemon will roam like NPC monsters and other players would be around.

To catch a Pokemon, you'd have to engage it in battle (thus other people can't take it) and weaken it, then throw a Pokeball, just like the regular games.

To fight another player, interact with them and choose "Challenge" or something to that effect. These battles could either be
A) Visible to all players
B) Private (passing players would just see two people standing there) to reduce lag.

You'd start in any region you wanted and would get to choose from a number of starting Pokemon.
You'd need certain badges to perform certain HM's, and you'll need HM's to travel the whole world.

Legendary Pokemon would only spawn on a set interval, and each person could only own one at a time.

Pokemon can aggro you in the wild.

Post your ideas if you have any.

4me2kn0w

I think it would be REALLY COOL to do something like this.

Trading and battling would be alot easier to do but gym battles, to get your badages,
would be to easy when you got closer to the end. 

I think you would have to have a set gym to start at or once you finished a reigon you
could not use certin levels of pokemon until you got certin badges in the next region.

1 Elite Four group, that would have pokemon at levels 85 and higher, that you could not
get to until you have every badge in every region. 

I think that would give us a bigger challenge.

I would like to see more wild pokemon that attack you instead of a Rattata or a Zubat ect.
attacking you over and over again.  It gets boring when you see the same comon pokemon
7 out 10 battles in 15 steps.

Lengendary pokemon can be anywhere at any time and you would have to catch it like you
have to catch a Cresselia by searching for it.  Just because I saw it first does not mean that
I am the only one who can catch it everybody has a chance. 
Have a tv broadcast about what, when and where someone saw a lengendary pokemon
and have a tv broadcast about when and who caught the legendary pokemon. 
Only one legendary pokemon on the game until someone is lucky enough to catch it then
a new one shall appear.

Those are some of my ideas.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

The Riddler

"You cannot enter this gym with Pokemon higher than level #"

I like it.

Kratoyd

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on January 23, 2008, 09:50:22 PM
"You cannot enter this gym with Pokemon higher than level #"

I like it.
LVL #?!?!!?!?!?
But all my pokemon are lvl $!!!!!!!!:(
Besides my prized lvl %.

click here or else...

I'm not going to be online much due to Choir, School, Basketball, and Play rehearsals...
I might get on on mondays, Fridays, and Saturdays, but don't expect to see me much anymore.
On thursdays I'm going to get like, no sleep.

Maple Story rocks!

The Riddler

The way I'm picturing it, in each region a new town is built right near the starting town.
This is where players will start.

You'll start off as a regular person, you design your character, etc.
You get your own room which will be set up like the Moogle Houses of Final Fantasy 11.

You pick your first Pokemon and you travel to the first town of the region, I'll use Pallet Town as the example.

Travel to Pallet Town, talk to Prof. Oak, get a "Quest"(we'll call it task) from him to pick up his parcel.
You do that, etc etc, you get your Pokeballs and Pokedex.

From here you can begin an actual adventure.

Pokemon roam freely, and you can see them. You can begin battles with them for exp or to catch them.

Here is where my original idea deviates a bit:
Throughout the course of the game, you can remain a good trainer, or you could become a member of the Teams- Rocket, Magma, etc, depending on your region.

This can compare to WoW- compare it to races.

Expand on my ideas.

JrDude

Quote from: Riddler_Rob on January 24, 2008, 05:07:32 PM
The way I'm picturing it, in each region a new town is built right near the starting town.
This is where players will start.

You'll start off as a regular person, you design your character, etc.
You get your own room which will be set up like the Moogle Houses of Final Fantasy 11.

You pick your first Pokemon and you travel to the first town of the region, I'll use Pallet Town as the example.

Travel to Pallet Town, talk to Prof. Oak, get a "Quest"(we'll call it task) from him to pick up his parcel.
You do that, etc etc, you get your Pokeballs and Pokedex.

From here you can begin an actual adventure.

Pokemon roam freely, and you can see them. You can begin battles with them for exp or to catch them.

Here is where my original idea deviates a bit:
Throughout the course of the game, you can remain a good trainer, or you could become a member of the Teams- Rocket, Magma, etc, depending on your region.

This can compare to WoW- compare it to races.

Expand on my ideas.

While battling qild pokémon, anyone can join in to try and capture if they want, in other words, you can get a weakling an awsome pokémon, even if he/she's new.
The storage system will be able to hold many more pokémon, items, ect.
You have a trainer card, that you can customize if you do a quest, you will have to do the quest every time to change again.
pokémon contests can be held.
when new pokémon are created, they will be edited into the game asap
You can have a secret base like in Emerald (not D/P), any of your friends can see it if you leave the door open (similar to D/P).

That's just what I want :P
[move][/move]
Dude .

Oren

Quote from: 4me2kn0w on January 23, 2008, 06:57:06 PM
I think it would be REALLY COOL to do something like this.

Trading and battling would be alot easier to do but gym battles, to get your badages,
would be to easy when you got closer to the end. 

I think you would have to have a set gym to start at or once you finished a reigon you
could not use certin levels of pokemon until you got certin badges in the next region.

1 Elite Four group, that would have pokemon at levels 85 and higher, that you could not
get to until you have every badge in every region. 

I think that would give us a bigger challenge.

I would like to see more wild pokemon that attack you instead of a Rattata or a Zubat ect.
attacking you over and over again.  It gets boring when you see the same comon pokemon
7 out 10 battles in 15 steps.

Lengendary pokemon can be anywhere at any time and you would have to catch it like you
have to catch a Cresselia by searching for it.  Just because I saw it first does not mean that
I am the only one who can catch it everybody has a chance. 
Have a tv broadcast about what, when and where someone saw a lengendary pokemon
and have a tv broadcast about when and who caught the legendary pokemon. 
Only one legendary pokemon on the game until someone is lucky enough to catch it then
a new one shall appear.

Those are some of my ideas.

all thats good but legendays would not be possable! one untill someone gets it? thats like a one in 5 million chance that you would get it..
but i liked all the other things you said

darkmario

Thats a good idea .One thing ive never liked about pokemon games is thet, theres nothing to do after you beat the game. So what could happen is you can get a career in the pokemon world for example:tuoter,breeder,gym leader(if your qualified),elite four person(if yourqualified),and if you become a pokemon master,Champion but if someone is more qualified they can take your job.

Water ☮

I think I saw an Idea a lot like this on oldsider. I had it bookmarked and floated. :D

Allegretto

That would be a very good idea, may be hard to actually make but it would be fun  ;D,