News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Pokemon platinum?

Started by darkmario, December 26, 2008, 01:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkmario

I saw Pokemon platinum.I've heard of it and I wanted to know,should I pre-order it?
I had diamond and I liked it,it was fun.Is platinum better or is it the same game with a few tiny changes because I don't want to buy the same game twice.

ThePowerOfOne

Trust me, its got more than a few "tiny" changes :P

I'm going to pre-order it, just because I know it will be all sold out where I live.

Macawmoses

It's basically the same game, but they've really expanded upon D/P a lot. Graphics, story, even movesets.

I'd definitely purchase it if you liked Diamond.

tibar21

my gamestop sold out of pearl/diamond on the first day. I'm probably not gonna get a chance to go the release day for platinum. assuming it sells out the first day, how long should it take for them to restoke?
I hope this game has more than 3 fire pokemon in it though.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Macawmoses

Quote from: tibar21 on December 31, 2008, 08:15:36 PM
my gamestop sold out of pearl/diamond on the first day. I'm probably not gonna get a chance to go the release day for platinum. assuming it sells out the first day, how long should it take for them to restoke?
It'll have the few in it; namely the starters and Heatran.

And Platinum should likely be overstocked. You shouldn't have an issue getting it.

Spud

Quote from: mackormoses on January 01, 2009, 03:37:11 AM

And Platinum should likely be overstocked. You shouldn't have an issue getting it.
My Wal-Mart have massive overstock on D/P. They had a cardboard shelf with Diagla and Palkia on it with ~50-70 copies, plus massive stacks behind the glass where they showcase their games, plus more stacks behind their register. Also, this was one day after release. Based on this, I'm sure I'll be able to get it without trouble. Although I'm sure my parents will say, "Pokemon? :|"... >_>

jnfs2014

Quote from: EvilSpud on January 02, 2009, 01:39:17 AM

My Wal-Mart have massive overstock on D/P. They had a cardboard shelf with Diagla and Palkia on it with ~50-70 copies, plus massive stacks behind the glass where they showcase their games, plus more stacks behind their register. Also, this was one day after release. Based on this, I'm sure I'll be able to get it without trouble. Although I'm sure my parents will say, "Pokemon? :|"... >_>
Same here.

tibar21

ah. thats a relief. this is the game I'll be looking foward to a lot.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

darkmario

I know,I hated that about diamond.

But yea I'll pre-order it online.
Hey I know I could go to gamestop.com to find out this but since i'm already here...

Does gamestop require the minimum $5 for pre-orders if you do it online?