News:

Our thoughts go to Silver and his family in this difficult time.

Main Menu

Betty White on SNL

Started by Dog Food, May 03, 2010, 01:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

I'm interested in seeing Betty White (especially after all that was done to get her a spot). I saw her promos, and it was pretty funny. They didn't do it in their normal SNL-styled fashion, either. And there is going to be a big reunion of characters for this episode, too. I'm really looking forward to it. If they execute it right and the hype doesn't screw things up, this could be the best episode of the season. Plus, Lorne Michaels has always wanted Betty to host, so the writers must have some good stuff for her to do.

[spoiler=one of the promos]
[/spoiler]
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Light

This was hands-down the best episode of the whole season. She was in every single sketch, and there wasn't one of them where I didn't find myself entertained. The MacGruber scenes, the digital short, Weekend Update... all of it was laugh-out-loud funny. Kudos to her; she is amazing.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Dog Food

Quote from: Light on May 09, 2010, 11:39:37 PM
This was hands-down the best episode of the whole season. She was in every single sketch, and there wasn't one of them where I didn't find myself entertained. The MacGruber scenes, the digital short, Weekend Update... all of it was laugh-out-loud funny. Kudos to her; she is amazing.
I agree with you. The monologue and the muffin sketch were great ways to start with me laughing out loud, and it ended with CSI: Sarasota and the 2010 Census with me in the same state. And it was just a bonus to see Maya Rudolph, Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, Ana Gasteyer, Rachel Dratch, and Molly Shannon again in the episode as well. I was hoping for a Debbie Downer, but they made up for it with other sketches. Hilarious, and it deserved its huge spike in ratings that it got from Betty White being on there.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.