News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Local Bands

Started by Shujinco2, July 07, 2010, 10:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

Every place has a Local Band: A Band that plays close to home, weither it's your state, county, or even just one city. And while most of these are "meh", there are SOME that are just amazing.

This is Last Crack, an AMAZING band from Madison, WI. They played everywhere around Wisconsin, and even in other nearby places. (I.E. Chicago, Minneapolis) Sadly, they would not last long, due to pressure. (And it is a very hard life, especially while juggling ANOTHER with it.)

That song, "Brothers of the Big Black bear" is a song that has a LOT to do with Madison culture, so don't feel bad if it makes little sense to you.

ANYWAY, post your local bands! GOGOGOGOGO!

RX-78-2

I'll try to keep it really close (i.e. I'm in New Jersey but not counting Bruce Springsteen because he's too far south from me).

I've posted about these bands in another thread, but I'll basically do a recap here.

• Exorbitance (http://www.myspace.com/exorbitance00): They're a melodic death metal band from my hometown. I used to know the sister of one of the guitarists. If you listen to the live recording of "Grace Denied" (not good recording quality I know, but I appreciate it nonetheless), I was at that concert. At least, I saw them play that song at the Court Tavern (in New Brunswick, I believe), although it could have just been another performance.
  • Fight Money (http://www.myspace.com/fightmoney): I saw this band right after Exorbitance's performance at the Court Tavern. They're basically a hardcore punk and metalcore band. I was at the concert that most of those videos were recorded at.
  • Gaslight Anthem (http://www.myspace.com/thegaslightanthem): I haven't seen this band in concert, but I do listen to them. To put it simply, they're an alternative rock and punk band with many influences and genre fusions, but that hardly describes it.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Macawmoses

Calum Graham is an Albertan I've heard a few times. His guitar work is just amazing.

Homewrecker

Quote from: Mace on July 10, 2010, 10:56:16 PM
Calum Graham is an Albertan I've heard a few times. His guitar work is just amazing.
Alberta too, huh?

Faunts
Shout Out Out Out Out

tibar21

from where im from, Simi Valley, CA, theres a punk band named Pulley. The singer actually used to pitch in the MLB for the LA Dodgers and now hes the Cleveland Indians' pitching coach i think. He also owns a skatelab in simi valley. i really wish i still lived there.

also im pretty sure the gaslight anthem and bruce springsteen are both from the same town, New Brunswick, New Jersey. Theres actually another band from there called the Bouncing Souls who are influenced by Springsteen. Yep that town has a pretty music scene with the Stone Pony and all.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

RX-78-2

Quote from: Nik on July 23, 2010, 10:43:44 AM
also im pretty sure the gaslight anthem and bruce springsteen are both from the same town, New Brunswick, New Jersey. Theres actually another band from there called the Bouncing Souls who are influenced by Springsteen. Yep that town has a pretty music scene with the Stone Pony and all.
Yes, they are. I didn't know about the Bouncing Souls though. I think I heard about it, but just forgot. Anyway, I've been meaning to really listen to them for a while.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************