News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

What if HG/SS sucks?

Started by Drezford_the_Rebell, January 25, 2010, 01:11:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayquarian

Really, you're worrying about nothing.

So you're pokémon follows you around.  So what?  It doesn't affect the core gameplay.
So Kris "replaced" a character who was never in the game.  So what?  It doesn't affect the core gameplay.
And all those other little things don't get in the way of what's important.  To me, Game Freak knows that the core gameplay is what matters, and there isn't a lot they could do to that to screw it up in the first place, since these games are only remakes.

It seems to me you're looking for some reason for this game to be bad, just because it seems everyone does that with Nintendo games nowadays.

Mikoyan

It's a bit late for this question, unless you consider the overwhelming positive responses the Japanese gave HGSS null and voided.

Back then, Pokemon anime was actually good; it blows the hell out of whatever's playing nowadays. I can agree on the Kris point, although I usually play as Gold.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the gimmicks you reference, like the Pokemon following you around, are experimentations with the limits of the DS' capabilities. It wouldn't be interesting or pioneering to limit the HGSS remakes to DPPt standards, so they have to introduce things here and there to make it much more vibrant.

Titus Andronicus

i just want it for the nostalgia
Tramps like us, baby we were born to die.

Turok

Quote from: Green on January 25, 2010, 10:07:06 AM
They're remakes of Gold and Silver. Something major is going to have to happen before HG/SS sucks.
^^^^^^
This, I mean unless they make it so you play as pokemon & train people, not much can go wrong.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Silverhawk79

Quote from: TUROK on January 25, 2010, 10:04:36 PM
^^^^^^
This, I mean unless they make it so you play as pokemon & train people, not much can go wrong.
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

Thirdkoopa

the only way this would suck is if you had to pay an extra 5$ to get a thing that you can strap to yourself to level up your pokemon

...Oh wait

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on January 25, 2010, 11:18:56 PM
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.
THAT JUST WON IDEA OF THE YEAR.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Turok

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]