News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Uh-oh, looks like someone's about to turn three!

Started by Silverhawk79, September 17, 2010, 07:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

Today marks the third anniversary of NSider's closure. While we, as a community, decided that putting NSider and its past behind us to be a worthy cause, we cannot just write it off altogether. Its death marked our birth. From today through to our third anniversary, we celebrate our past, and look to the future.

First of all, it is my pleasure to introduce the newest members of our NSFCD Moderation Team: BOREDFANBOY and SkyMyl! Both BFB and MYL have been outstanding members and clearly show an initiative to help the site out, and we feel that they will be a great addition. They're very different in style, but that's ok by us. Oh, and this totally doesn't mean certain other plans failed. Totally.

Piggybacking on this announcement is the full grand opening of our new Wiki project, currently titled Tidal Wiki. This Wiki is going to be different from our previous Wiki, in that it will actually be used. We will be using it for various things in the coming days, and hope to make it an integral part of our site. You'll be able to make use of it now, but expect its fuhrers - Thirteenthorder, Tupin, Doodle, and KingMush - to enforce a reign of terror.

Happy birthday NSFCD.

MoS

Silverhawk79

Macawmoses

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on September 17, 2010, 07:41:15 PM
Moderate what? The 10 posts a day NSFCD gets?
Moderation is hardly a role. It's the projects that require work.

Tupin

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on September 17, 2010, 07:26:44 PM
You'll be able to make use of it now, but expect its fuhrers - Thirteenthorder, Tupin, Doodle, and KingMush - to enforce a reign of terror.
NSFCD Uber Alles!

But seriously, Happy Birthday NSFCD.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

SkyMyl

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on September 17, 2010, 07:41:15 PM
Moderate what? The 10 posts a day NSFCD gets?
Because Moderators totally can't use their powers in any other way other than moderating posts.

Anyway, here's to NSFCD's 3rd anniversary!

Rayquarian

Speaking of KingMust, whatever happened to the Lurker's Database?

SkyMyl

Congrats people. Also, yay 3 years. Although it seems longer and yet also not as long as it has been.
...̅̅̅

Mystic

About to turn 3? That zit on Silver's nose?

But really, yay. Now do something to make NSF better <3

Kingmush

Quote from: Rayquarian on September 17, 2010, 11:02:05 PM
Speaking of KingMust, whatever happened to the Lurker's Database?
Well, it was running quite smoothly but then some things popped up. Namely our main advertisement source, NSider2, had a falling out with us and locked our thread and Shrimp threw a ninny fit and slandered our name. After that I sort of was like "Fuck it" and left it to see if others would continue it. Some did but ultimately it died. However, when Mack approached me to be the lead guy for Tidal Wiki I agreed. Other than Hadaway I do consider Lurker's Database to be my best idea internet wise and while it is dead now I still consider it a success. Plus preserving history especially online NSider related history I have an affinity for. I have high hopes for Tidal and I will be there when I can pushing it right along.

Macawmoses

Which reminds me - Thirteen, Doodle, and Mush, make your accounts and you'll have access ASAP.

Kingmush

Quote from: Mace on September 19, 2010, 11:37:31 AM
Which reminds me - Thirteen, Doodle, and Mush, make your accounts and you'll have access ASAP.
Done and done.