Hell yeah.
10 (47.6%)
Eh, maybe.
7 (33.3%)
No, it doesn't seem worthwhile.
4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

SkyMyl

Well, Scribblenauts is officially out, and with all the summonable objects (Literally over 9000) in the game, I think it deserves its own discussion thread.

Come on, at least for a month, I think we should be able to share our discoveries of the game. Like how typing "Loituma Girl" gives you a girl spinning a leek, connecting a "Battery" to one end of a "Wire" and a "Lightbulb" to the other end lights the bulb up (hurr), or how you can summon a coffin, open it, and a little ghost will pop out? Yeah, there's that much.

And since Mack gave the OK, start posting your finds here!

[spoiler=The Original post]
QuoteSo, Scribblenauts. Quite possibly the most original handheld game ever, Scribblenauts is coming out this month. That's right, on the 15th, you can start pitting Elephants against Sharks, Lions vs Velociraptors, GOD, WITH A ROCKET LAUNCHER, ON A SKATEBOARD, VERSUS THE MOTHERf***ING KRAKEN. Yes, you read that right. And if you enjoy internet memes, then how about Rick Astley vs Leeroy Jenkins?

You're also supposed to go through each level and obtain something called the Starite, but that's not the reason you would buy this game, right?

So, are you buying it? If you are buying it, what's the first thing you're going to do in it?

Also, if you're the lucky user to live in NY, and can go to the Nintendo World Store, then be sure to stop by on the 13th, from 11AM and 2AM, where you can buy the game two days before its official release.

QuoteThe event will feature an autograph signing with the Scribblenauts creators, fun and informative game demos, exclusive premium item giveaways and many more fun activities!

I know what I'm doing Sunday morning.
[/spoiler]

JrDude

Never heard of it, I looked at it and it seems retarded. So no thank you.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Seems sweet, but probably won't get it due to almost non-existent game budget and higher-priority games.

Gamree

Quote from: SkyMyl on September 09, 2009, 06:37:48 PM
I know what I'm doing Sunday morning.

Buying the game for me? ;D

Yeah, I've been watching the progress of this game, and I'm buying it on day one if I can.  I haven't gotten off my butt to go preorder it for some reason, though.  I shouldn't have too much trouble finding a copy.

Lotos

I'm buying it after I try the ROM I found.  I heard the only problem is this.

Cornwad

Isn't it pretty much the best handheld game ever already? Of course I'm getting it.

Macawmoses

You guys get it two days early :|

I hate you :|

Magnum

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on September 13, 2009, 11:06:51 AM
You guys get it two days early :|

I hate you :|
Sorry...
So you writing a review of it when it heads up there?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

The Seventh

OMG RICK ASTLEY VS. LEEROY JENKINS LOL

But in all seriousness it sounds like fun.  Someone on another forum got it and was playing it while in the forums chat.  He was asking people what words to write down.  RPG's, chainsaws, gasoline, ENGINE BLOCKS, and who knows what else.

It was interesting, to say the least.
meh

SkyMyl

OH MY f***ITY f*** f*** THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER

*Ahem* Sorry. The only thing I couldn't get were autographed posters, due to time constraints. Won't go into detail about the event unless you really want me to, but I can say the game is awesome. The only major gripe I have with it is that controlling Maxwell is a little finicky at times (As early as the second level.), and the Level Creator pretty limited, but I'll get back to you all on that.

Oh, and you guys know how Longcat is in this game? He can kill God, Cthulu, a Wyvern, DEATH, a Lion, a Tiger, and ninjas, and SURVIVE ALL OF THEM. The only two things that killed him were a Black Hole and a Behemoth. Longcat is better than any God, apparently.

The little subtle nods are there, such as water killing witches, Einstein being afraid of God, Robots short circuiting in water, all that.

Feep makes an appearance (Click the "ble" in "Scribblenauts" in my first post if you haven't already.) as a robot zombie (That kicks ass), along with Post 217 and the Neogaf logo. Typing in "lolwut" gives you...nah, go find out on your own.

And just so you guys know, I spent two hours screwing around on the title screen before I actually made a save file. I'm not kidding, TWO HOURS on a TITLE SCREEN.

In short, GO BUY IT. Oh wait, you can't. Not yet. =P

Macawmoses

Quote from: Magnum on September 13, 2009, 11:22:09 AM
Sorry...
So you writing a review of it when it heads up there?
Yes. Although I already have an inkling as to what it'll get. I have a sincere hope it will be my second 10/10 review in a month. The last being MP:T

Cornwad

Here's a list of all the words in it if anyone's interested.
http://rush68.net/u/files/scribfull.txt

JrDude

I looked at some videos and read some info on it, and if I could change my vote I would, I want this game now.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

Quote from: Cornwad on September 13, 2009, 04:42:19 PM
Here's a list of all the words in it if anyone's interested.
http://rush68.net/u/files/scribfull.txt

I'm gonna be sick.  Curse you limited income and all the best games coming out in the same month!

SkyMyl

Quote from: JrDude ♫ on September 13, 2009, 06:24:28 PM
I looked at some videos and read some info on it, and if I could change my vote I would, I want this game now.
Which means you're officially a dumbass.