News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Plot twist: Members of the Month and S.I.T.

Started by Vaatix, February 01, 2008, 12:59:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Light

Quote from: Co-Z on February 01, 2008, 04:52:43 PM
Popularity contest.

On all forums there's a popular crowd and then there's everyone else. I'm not saying that these guys will do a poopty job, but they definitely wouldn't get in without popularity.

If I were to choose these members, I'd try not to add so much popular members. I'd lurk around and find intelligent users who don't get very noticed.

(And for those who are wondering, no, I don't give a sit if I become one. I'm going to get banned sooner or later.)
If this was a popularity contest, then how did I become a MotM? I was hardly noticed for anything I did around here (what did I do again...?), and then "BOOM!" - I was a Member of the Month. If you apply a bit of hard work, almost anything is possible.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Kaz

Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

えっちーせんぱい

Zovistograt

Quote from: Blaziken on February 01, 2008, 07:12:46 PM
Rania...?

What the hell?
Tally's a great chatter and user...dunno why she didn't sign up for the forums sooner, but w/e olol.

Also, whoever says it's a popularity contest is just being a bit hypocritical...I'm sure you wouldn't say that if you were chosen ;D
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Mystic

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 01, 2008, 07:17:43 PM
Rania...?

What the hell?
Tally's a great chatter and user...dunno why she didn't sign up for the forums sooner, but w/e olol.

Also, whoever says it's a popularity contest is just being a bit hypocritical...I'm sure you wouldn't say that if you were chosen ;D
If I WERE chosen, would that prove it's not a popularity contest? :\

Zovistograt

Quote from: Mystic Swampert on February 01, 2008, 07:32:50 PM
Rania...?

What the hell?

No, but you would be less annoyed by it.

Any program like this has to be a popularity contest on a site like this anyway.  Obviously, the more popular people are the people who are more inclined to be chosen for something based on the things people do.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Lotos

Quote from: mackormoses on February 01, 2008, 08:11:29 AM
Quote from: KAOS on February 01, 2008, 06:18:38 AM
5 months?

there is a 100% chance that power abuse is coming.

i cant believe this. :|

ans also, i have no idea HOW some of these people made it. i think because they're "friends" with the staff.

god, because vaatix hates me, i'll never get anything. this is favoritist.

support/argue.
I hope you are not against Genius. I want to point out why Hostile, Banjo, and he are LIKELY in. Without blatantly realistic people, the more popular people *Bluaki for instance* would be kept in check, although, obviously it should not be a problem. Believe it or not, he DOES contribute, and like his name suggests, is rather intelligent :)

So, if you have any respect for me, I ask that you at least give him a chance.

I doubt Bluaki would abuse her power.  I put more trust into Zovi, you (you didn't lose the first LK, now you do two boards, so you would have abused your power by now if you were going to) and TKB than the others.

Mystic

Quote from: Zovistograt on February 01, 2008, 07:41:04 PM
Rania...?

What the hell?

Any program like this has to be a popularity contest on a site like this anyway.  Obviously, the more popular people are the people who are more inclined to be chosen for something based on the things people do.
I think you missed the point.

Chain Chompesque

C'ngrats, guys. Good job.

Although, I will agree that five months does seem a little bit long. Not quite as exciting as seeing the new MotM on the 1st each time. Eh, hopefully it'll help. It would seem that the popular members definitely have a much higher chance, but the more popular you are, the much higher chance you have of being recognized, or so I've seen... But, uh, don't listen to the most ignored by about three pancakes/me. I'm not liable to know. >_>
To be seen, stand up. To be heard, speak up. To be appreciated, shut up.
Also, you can't spell slaughter without laughter!

Join the Mushroom Kingdom wars!

Join the Pikmin wars!

Dumple Land! <-Click this one.
Labor! I said labor, dang it!
Time for transport!

Zovistograt

Quote from: Mystic Swampert on February 01, 2008, 08:27:10 PM
Quote from: Zovistograt on February 01, 2008, 07:41:04 PM
Rania...?

What the hell?

I think you missed the point.
regardless, I'm just trying to say that anything like this (remember the Sage program?) would create this kind of dissent.  It's inevitable.

Lotos

Rania...?

What the hell?

Actually, if I were chosen, it wouldn't be a popularity contest because I'm not popular here.

bluaki

the more popular people *Bluaki for instance*
Seriously, how did I become popular? :-\

Jono2

Quote from: bluaki on February 01, 2008, 09:30:33 PM

because for some reason teenagers like underage lesbians who don't give out pictures, and are completely cool about it. :|

I dunno, but you're a nice person, so that's probably a contributing factor.  I'm not popular because I make fun of people & start flame wars. :P

weren't you supposed to be gone for a while, or was that just a rumor?

Quote from: LinkXLR on January 30, 2008, 09:10:54 PM
Quote from: famy on January 30, 2008, 08:36:30 PM
is big willy unleashed a will smith game

...I'm not even gonna touch this one.

SteamID: Lazylen

Triforceman22

Quote from: bluaki on February 01, 2008, 09:30:33 PM

No idea, but you'll make a good SIT...
(Feels wierd saying that...:P)

same with everyone else...
(Even genius:P)

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!