News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

The Pomeg Berry Glitch v1, v2, and v3. (A guide by the founder)

Started by NOA_ANDY, October 11, 2007, 01:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NOA_ANDY

This is a glitch I discovered back in my days of being a major glitch researcher. :O I did quite a bit of research with the Nsider, 0CHUEY0. ^_^

Anyways, this glitch was probably the best one you could find in the GBA era of Pokemon :P I've currently discontinued research of this glitch (research of glitches altogether for that matter. :() So, if you find something out that i never stumbled upon, post it here!  ;D

NOA_ANDY

Pokemon Emerald Pomeg Berry Glitch Guide v1 and v2

-------The Pomeg Berry Glitch v1--------
This guide is for the game of Pokemon Emerald, the game in which this glitch was first discovered.

__________Needed Materials_________
Antidote (Without this, you're HP will drop one by one, and with your Pokemon having over 35,000 HP, it may get annoying when you're walking around :P)
2 Pomeg Berries
A way to get poisoned
8 HP ups

Step 1: Use HP ups on chosen Pokemon (of lvl 34 or above)
Step 2: Deposit all other Pokemon into your PC
Step 3: Get your Pokemon poisoned.
Step 4: Use a Pomeg berry on it.
Step 5: Get it's HP down to 3 . Use two Pomeg berries and if done correctly, your Pokemon should now have ?35 HP over normal HP. (now give it a potion ;))

Effects
•If you get attacked, you'll be waiting a while. The game goes through about 2700-3000 HP until it gets back to the regular max HP if you get attacked so much as once (this excludes status problems like poisoning or burns.)
•If you link with FR/LG and have that game scroll back and forth between the glitched Pokemon's HP and another Pokemon. The game screen will invert and effectively crash.
•If you a potion outside of battle (anything'll do) the HP will automatically become 0.

Ways to end the glitch
•Get healed at a Pokemon Center
•Deposit the ?35 HP Pokemon into a PC
•Get attacked (poisoning and burns don't count)
•Use a potion or berry
•get leveled up (it'll say your HP stat will go up -?99)

-------Pomeg Berry Glitch v2---------

This guide is for Pokemon Emerald Version.

_____Needed Items______

A way to get poisoned
Antidote
Pomeg Berry
minimum of 8 HP ups (for advanced glitching)

Pokemon  Step 1: Get your chosen Pokemon for the glitch poisoned.(lvl. 34 or above). The way I did this was go into a double battle and use my spare Pokemon to poison my main one.
Step 2: Deposit all Pokemon excepted for the poisoned one.
Step 3: Get the said Pokemon to one HP.

Step 4: Use the Pomeg Berry on the Pokemon in your party.

Now, if you look, I have no Pokemon in my party that haven't fainted, however, I haven't whited out.  The game only recognizes "whiting out" when the player's last Pokemon has fainted due to battling or normal effects of poison.

Don't move. Use the Antidote on your fainted Pokemon. This may be a stupid thing to attempt, but it's neccesary. The game apparently recognizes that your Pokemon hasn't fainted yet and when it tries subtracting one from zero on the next step, the game will then recognize your Pokemon has fainted (by the poison "censor") and completely end the glitch. 

Note: All steps from here on out are totally optional.

Step 5: Get into a battle

Take a close look, my Pokemon is in battle, yet it's HP is zero.

If you happen to go into your items or "PKMN", and return, you will notice that...

The Pokemon in battle has disappeared completely.  ???

NOA_ANDY

Step 1: After successfully doing the Pomeg Berry Glitch v2, withdraw an egg. Be aware, that you can't deposit this egg without ending the glitch. Every time you attempt to do so, an error message comes up with the text "that's your last Pokemon!".

Step 2: Put the egg (or egg of your choice if you have withdrawn mutliple eggs for this glitch) first in your party

Step 3: Get in a battle

Now, all this hard work will pay off. Say hello to your new Pokemon! EGG! It comes at level 5, and has all the stats, abilities, etc that your Pokemon within the egg will have upon hatching...only one difference between your Pokemon and EGG, EGG has a major discoloration!

No matter what Pokemon you use, they will always be miscolored. It is not understood why this takes place either.  Another example of this is Tailow.

EGG can attack, Run, Level up, anything a normal Pokemon can do!

EGG can actually have evolutions, but when you hatch it, it'll automatically be the Pokemon in the egg. For example if you used Torchic and made it evolve into Blaziken within the egg, a level 5 Blaziken will hatch!
Note: Some others who have tested this glitch have said that after they win a battle, the screen will say "(insert name here) is out of usable Pokemon!" and they never gain exp. I myself have not experienced this and believe it has something to do with the versions of the game (I bought the earliest version).  To resolve this issue, you must bring revives to revive the main Pokemon in your party so that EGG will gain Exp.

If EGG receives a status problem, it'll stay. Here's a picture of a sleeping egg.

NOA_ANDY

-----Diamond and Pearl Pomeg Berry Glitch Gude------

This glitch was tested by WIIMASTERNIN to confirm that the Pomeg Berry Glitch existed for the Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl games.

1.Choose the Pokemon to use in this glitch

2.Use 8 HP ups on the selected Pokemon

3.Get your Pokemon to 3 HP

4.Use a pomeg berry

5.Your Pokemon's HP should now go UP (I received 33 from 3)

===Effects===

Check it's summary, it's HP should now be something like ?33/(max hp) but the HP bar is in the yellow In battle, the HP is barely a sliver but it says 93 HP

If you try and use a potion outside of battle "it won't have any effect"

When potion was used (20hp) in battle, the HP restored itself and became a total of 264 hits points out of a total of 261  (264/261) after running from battle, the HP returned to normal.

Upon getting attacked, the Pokemon's HP dropped 2700 in a second. and when an attack was used, my Pokemon's status bar COMPLETELY disappeared but came back after the next attack.

When my Pokemon was attacked, it's HP went from 93 to 3, oddly, when I won the battle, it was 261/261

NOA_ANDY

Edit 4

(You may post now)

Shujinco2

Oh wow!

That "Eevee" is REALLY red!

Or is it pink?

Whatever! But THANK GOD I have emerald now! I can do this TOTALLY impress my little sis!

Lv. 5 Red Garydose, HERE I COME!

NOA_ANDY

Yep.  That eevee is appearing as only the Pomeg Glitch can offer....but it isn't shiny.  Nor will it be that color when it hatches.  A shiny eevee is  gray btw. :P  I doubt that Gyrados will be red when you send it out....the only chance of you getting a shiny Red Gyrados at lv 5 is 1/8192.:P

Nonetheless, this is still quite impressive in my opinion. :P

Shujinco2

Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on October 12, 2007, 02:12:47 PM
Yep.  That eevee is appearing as only the Pomeg Glitch can offer....but it isn't shiny.  Nor will it be that color when it hatches.  A shiny eevee is  gray btw. :P  I doubt that Gyrados will be red when you send it out....the only chance of you getting a shiny Red Gyrados at lv 5 is 1/8192.:P

Well, using the glitch, do they ALL turn that color, or does it vary?

Also, I didn't mean a SHINY garadose, just a REALLY red one! :)

Shujinco2

NOA_ANDY

Quote from: Shujinco on October 12, 2007, 02:23:13 PM
Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on October 12, 2007, 02:12:47 PM

Well, using the glitch, do they ALL turn that color, or does it vary?

Also, I didn't mean a SHINY garadose, just a REALLY red one! :)

It varies, for example, Tailow is blue, and it's shiny form is green, but it's PMG form is white.

NOA_ANDY

Quote from: Shujinco on October 12, 2007, 07:22:55 PM
You know, I would REALLY like to see this on youtube!

So would I, but sadly, the closest thing to me making a video is making a slideshow out of rocks. :P

CCH

NOA_ANDY