News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

OPSC?

Started by CCH, October 14, 2007, 05:08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FearItself

Didn't ChunkeyMunkey say the host has already been decided? =P

I know the general structure of how the OPSC is set up, if that's what you mean. It generally consists of one introductory post by a moderator, followed by an introductory/judging panel/theme post by the host, a rules post by the host, a current/past contest post by the host, and a winners' add-on/judges' add-on post by the host.

Matt

Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on October 16, 2007, 10:45:09 AM
0Chuey0 was supposed to host, but some issues came up and there is now no setup for the OPSC.

I am currently working a few things out and will try to have it up and running very soon.
Reguards conercerning the OPSC, is the fact it will be up and running at the start of November... I have asked Snorkel and Silver(Both have given there answers, eventhough short, but both said,"Yes".) about starting it up again to be sure Seeing it is a big thing/contest for the Pokemon Board, and yet i have already picked the host. For more info upon the host pm me. As for the matter of Chuey, if active she shall/should be host for next month.

FearItself

Chuey is female, ChunkeyMunkey, as am I. =P Just so we make that clear.

I don't think I've seen Chuey post more than a couple of times here. She only posted a few times on a thread that was requested to be locked, and I don't know where or if she has posted since. She is more active on her own forum than any other forum.

Matt

Quote from: FearItself on October 16, 2007, 03:51:39 PM
Chuey is female, ChunkeyMunkey, as am I. =P Just so we make that clear.

I don't think I've seen Chuey post more than a couple of times here. She only posted a few times on a thread that was requested to be locked, and I don't know where or if she has posted since. She is more active on her own forum than any other forum.

Teehee didn't know that about Chuey.

0CHUEY0

[account closed]

CCH

So Chuey doesn't want to host November?  Well, since I did suggest restarting OPSC, I'll be glad to help whoever was chosen to host.  I did host once before and I know the layout pretty well.

Since a lot of people from NSider are still not here (or on a different "NSider") we might have some trouble finding hosts and judges.

I think it might be good if we find out who is willing to judge, unless the new host already has his/her mind made up.

If you want to be able to judge, go ahead and say so, it might help the host make up a list of judges faster.  Personally, I'd be willing to judge or at least help out however needed.

FearItself

I know of a few new-ish spriters on here, people I hadn't met before that have shown some promise. I could suggest some judges, but very few. Maybe, perhaps, to start off, there should only be a few judges? We would want everyone that can to compete so we could keep the contests competitive and abundant with entries. Maybe 3-5 judges or less would be a good choice? I wouldn't go with Knite's A and B judges thing because of the small judging panel, the traditional judging restrictions would probably best be applicable.

If worst comes to worst, we can have a poll at the top of the page if not enough people enter and we have to allow judges to enter to save the contest. But a poll might not be such a bad idea if people are mature about it.

Matt

More reading for meh, :(
If Chuey wants to host she can, but it have to be in December unless, the person already lined up to host is willing to host December. As for judges, ill let you Fear and CCH Figure that out, unless u can't then ill help.

NOA_ANDY

I'm not familiar with the line-up of who was supposed to host when, but right now I am working on a few things, and have a host to finish up October regardless of who was supposed to host Octover.  ;)

Somebody mind sending me a list of the hosts?

Matt

I might, but it will be later after i get back from skating, and after i finish something up.

CCH

Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on October 17, 2007, 03:50:06 PM
I'm not familiar with the line-up of who was supposed to host when, but right now I am working on a few things, and have a host to finish up October regardless of who was supposed to host Octover.  ;)

OPSC didn't have any hosts scheduled.  Knitewulf hosted the last one and Blackhawk321 was going to host October, but that was it.  Bronsen picked the hosts only about a month in advance.

Matt

0CHUEY0

Thinking of how many people have split from NSider to NSiderforums.net and NSider 2, I myself think the OPSC wouldn't fully work out.
[account closed]

PHOENIXBLAST

Quote from: CCH on October 17, 2007, 06:05:15 PM
Quote from: Gamemaster1379 on October 17, 2007, 03:50:06 PM

OPSC didn't have any hosts scheduled.  Knitewulf hosted the last one and Blackhawk321 was going to host October, but that was it.  Bronsen picked the hosts only about a month in advance.

After Nsider went bye bye, I talked to Bronsen a bit, and found out November and December's host too.

steelsauce

though it wouldn't be as big as before, I still think you should start it again. Just saying about me, the only way that I could be active here is if there was an opsc, because that and the people are the only reasons I went to nsider anyway. So please start with someone with some good experience and an active opsc-er to get it on its feet.