News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Ev training help

Started by Transient Link, November 02, 2007, 01:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transient Link

Yah I need a crash course never done it before it will be my first time. I have a level 1 scyther I want to raise in attack. So how do I begin?

Transient Link

thanks for the help guys :|

7Deadly$ins

I always become so, so tempted to refuse help after people make comments like that.

Regardless, I'm going to assume you understand some of the basic numbering and whatnot. As such, I'll move right on ahead to what your first step should be. If you don't actually know this... let me know, I guess.

Assuming you want to raise attack the full 252 points, then just battle that many Pokémon that give attack with your Scyther. You can lower the ammounts if you use the Macho Brace, the Power Items, or Pokérus.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/BatenKaitos

The biggest Baten Kaitos forum in existence; join today~!

Transient Link

Quote from: 7Deadly$ins on November 03, 2007, 04:35:08 AM
I always become so, so tempted to refuse help after people make comments like that.

Regardless, I'm going to assume you understand some of the basic numbering and whatnot. As such, I'll move right on ahead to what your first step should be. If you don't actually know this... let me know, I guess.

Assuming you want to raise attack the full 252 points, then just battle that many Pokémon that give attack with your Scyther. You can lower the ammounts if you use the Macho Brace, the Power Items, or Pokérus.
No im an idiot my friend told me a little. He said I get like.....5 points a battle? Or something...And proteins count as like 10....So uh help......please....and what kinds of pokemon? and why would I want to lower the amounts?

7Deadly$ins

I guess that came off as confusing. You can increase the EVs you get from a battle, which lowers the ammount of Pokémon you'd have to fight. Saves effort.

You can have 510 EVs total.
You can have 252 EVs total in a stat. (Actually, 255, but 252 is as high as you should go.)
Four EVs equates to one stat point, so
You can get 63 more points in a maximum of two stats total, and put the remaining six in something else.

Each Pokémon gives EVs of some kind when you defeat it. They can give them in ones, twos, or threes. They can also give off one EV in one stat, and one in another in different combinations and such... but those are rare.

Putting the Macho Brace on doubles the EVs (one EV becomes two) and using it in conjunction with Pokérus (which does the same thing) doubles it again (two becomes four). The Power Items give bonuses that I THINK are better, but I don't know for certain.

Vitamins give 10 EVs in a stat, yes.

Serebii has lists of what Pokémon give what EVs, for your reference. Any more questions, or was that actually clear?

Transient Link

Quote from: 7Deadly$ins on November 03, 2007, 05:27:24 AM
I guess that came off as confusing. You can increase the EVs you get from a battle, which lowers the ammount of Pokémon you'd have to fight. Saves effort.

You can have 510 EVs total.
You can have 252 EVs total in a stat. (Actually, 255, but 252 is as high as you should go.)
Four EVs equates to one stat point, so
You can get 63 more points in a maximum of two stats total, and put the remaining six in something else.

Each Pokémon gives EVs of some kind when you defeat it. They can give them in ones, twos, or threes. They can also give off one EV in one stat, and one in another in different combinations and such... but those are rare.

Putting the Macho Brace on doubles the EVs (one EV becomes two) and using it in conjunction with Pokérus (which does the same thing) doubles it again (two becomes four). The Power Items give bonuses that I THINK are better, but I don't know for certain.

Vitamins give 10 EVs in a stat, yes.

Serebii has lists of what Pokémon give what EVs, for your reference. Any more questions, or was that actually clear?
you lost me at haveint 510... so I can ev train 2 stats yours saying? and 63 more points? WHA? yah im sorry about this im an idiot but I just dont get it...

7Deadly$ins

It's okay, most people have a hard time grapsing the concept immediately anyways.

Okay. So, EVs aren't responsible over all your stats. Other factors go into it as well, but EVs are a big part of it. Through fighting, you can earn a total of 510 EVs. EVs are not general, so you have Attack EVs, Speed EVs, etc.

Now, every four of these EVs you gain turns into one stat point (in that particular stat, of course) which you likely won't see until Level 100. But believe us, it's there.

Furthermore, only 252 EVs can go into a single stat. So that's about half of your total. So you can train a Pokémon in two stats and get the Max EVs from both of them.

Transient Link

Quote from: 7Deadly$ins on November 03, 2007, 05:47:36 AM
It's okay, most people have a hard time grapsing the concept immediately anyways.

Okay. So, EVs aren't responsible over all your stats. Other factors go into it as well, but EVs are a big part of it. Through fighting, you can earn a total of 510 EVs. EVs are not general, so you have Attack EVs, Speed EVs, etc.

Now, every four of these EVs you gain turns into one stat point (in that particular stat, of course) which you likely won't see until Level 100. But believe us, it's there.

Furthermore, only 252 EVs can go into a single stat. So that's about half of your total. So you can train a Pokémon in two stats and get the Max EVs from both of them.

oh ok I think Ive got it. So things like the pokerus and macho brace double the number of points you get correct? and if you have both it quadrupules? Ok now see I went to that site you talked about and his pokemon list and recommended spots are from ruby/sappire. What about diamond and pearl? Also why wont you see it till 100? I thought evs increase the ammount your stats increase each level correct?

7Deadly$ins

Well, yes and no. It would create an inbalance if they all showed up at once with the lower levels. But they will all show up.

Mm, you're right. Well, if you search any Pokémon's Dex Entry on Serebii it will tell you what EVs they give. For attack, Machop (1) and Bibarel (2) work well.

Transient Link

interesting...anymore tips?

7Deadly$ins

Well... be sure to keep track of the EVs you're getting. The game won't do it for you... I reccomend putting 252 in Attack, 252 in something else, and then the remianing 4 in HP...

If you need help with anything here, don't hesitate to let me know.

Transient Link

ok tyvm for your help. now..how to level uip my level one scyther so it can take on a machop....

7Deadly$ins

Oh, yes, you can use EXP. Share. You can't use Macho Brace/The Power Items in conjunction with it, though. You could also switch out.