News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Question about sprites

Started by Firemonkeyman13, November 03, 2007, 05:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firemonkeyman13

Okay i've seen some people say save as png. and i see how it helps but how do you save as png? I do all my work in paint so is that possible? :O

Kyukon

When you save, there are two white boxes.  One is where you put the name of what your saving and there's another one below it with a down arrow next to it.  At default it will say .JPEG, change it to .PNG

It's completely possible in paint.

Firemonkeyman13

ohhhhh i see now! thanks Kyukon

Kyukon

Quote from: Lotos on November 04, 2007, 07:42:40 PM
PNG is actualyl your best bet in saving, as gif and JPEG can f*** with the colors if you don;t know what you're doing and bitmap is a little big in file size.  Plus, the Spriter's Resource only accepts in PNG or GIF format, just a little random info ;)
Oh yes, another thing.  GIF can work outside of paint.  I use it to give sprites transparent backgrounds in GIMP.  But in paint, it only hurts the colors.

Adonis

Quote from: Kyukon on November 05, 2007, 11:11:12 AM
Quote from: Lotos on November 04, 2007, 07:42:40 PM
PNG is actualyl your best bet in saving, as gif and JPEG can f*** with the colors if you don;t know what you're doing and bitmap is a little big in file size.  Plus, the Spriter's Resource only accepts in PNG or GIF format, just a little random info ;)
Oh yes, another thing.  GIF can work outside of paint.  I use it to give sprites transparent backgrounds in GIMP.  But in paint, it only hurts the colors.
My png has transparent bgs in Photoshop