News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Started by Tupin, May 29, 2012, 07:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

I remember playing these games when they were brand new, I still think they are the best handheld Zelda games. I never linked them together, which apparently makes them more awesome, but I cannot find my copy of Oracle of Seasons. I do prefer Ages over seasons, but just slightly. The dance halls in both took me forever when I first played it. I also liked having animal companions in both games, made exploring the overworld interesting.

There was going to be a third game with Farore that involved changing the time of day, but that never panned out. You know what's even funnier when you consider how awesome the games are? They were made by Capcom, who obviously knew what they were doing, unlike other people Nintendo gave the franchise to...

So yeah, ever play them? Favorite part?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

Only Zeldas I've never played; heck, their the only Zeldas I've never beaten besides 1 and 2, both of which I own and can therefore finish later.

I can only hope they get VC'd on 3DS.

Tupin

Like I said, they are amazing games. They kind of got released at a weird time, and for some reason are slightly harder to find than
other Zelda games.

Onox and Veran are pretty cool bosses.

zephilicious

taken as a whole oracle is the 2nd best zelda after ocarina

see kids i do like things sometimes
~~ <3

Kayo

My friend had Seasons way back when and we used to play it all the time. I've been looking for either it or Ages for ages a really long time now and no luck. Wish I could own one of them myself, they were so fun.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

These games kick ass.

Now I want to play them again. But I should probably finish Link's Awakening first.

Tupin

Playing Seasons first ties the storyline together, by the way. I still have my boxed Oracle of Ages and a strategy guide that covers both games, guess I threw Season's box away because I liked it slightly less.

Pretty much every handheld Zelda game up to Phantom Hourglass is on the same level of awesome, so playing Awakening before is just preference.

zephilicious

it works in either order but starting with seasons lets you end with the better game.
~~ <3

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: zephilicious on May 30, 2012, 08:04:39 PM
it works in either order but starting with seasons lets you end with the better game.
Dammit, I started with Ages!

But wait, why's Seasons better to start with first?

Tupin

The events of Ages occur directly after those of Seasons, and Seasons will give you a code at the end for a special version of Ages that is longer.

zephilicious

once again

the same poop happens if you play ages first
~~ <3

ThePowerOfOne

I've only ever played Ages, and never finished it. I got like half-way through before I couldn't figure out how to proceed any further and sold the game to help pay off a ticket. BUT, I did like it. It had that weird/kinda creepy dark feel of Majora's Mask to me.

I think it was this game where you had rings that would let you transform into an Octorok and other enemies; that was definitely the best part of the game for me. The developers should do that more often.

Although I liked Ages, Link's Awakening is still my favorite Zelda handheld.