News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

The Official SSBB Friend Code and Search/Challenge Discussion Thread.100+ Listed

Started by StarWindWizard7, January 21, 2008, 07:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

QingXin

JrDude, I'd like to play you sometime tomorrow... Add meh :D

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 21, 2008, 09:31:55 PM
Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on July 21, 2008, 08:52:07 PM
Okay, I'm going online now.
Awwww...
you dont wanna play with me anymore?
:'(

*grins again*
I can loose once or twice and take it well. However...My tolerance doesn't last once it gets 5+ losses. DX

JrDude

Quote from: TamJammerz on July 21, 2008, 09:35:44 PM
Alright, I may suck but I like to fight nonetheless :P.
[move][/move]
Dude .

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on July 21, 2008, 09:36:52 PM
Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 21, 2008, 09:31:55 PM
Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on July 21, 2008, 08:52:07 PM
Okay, I'm going online now.
Awwww...
you dont wanna play with me anymore?
:'(

*grins again*
I can loose once or twice and take it well. However...My tolerance doesn't last once it gets 5+ losses. DX
Well, don't you have any characters with reflectors? :P

Dr.Hobo2

Luigi - Nope
Wario - Nope
King DDD - Nope
Lucas - Nope

No I don't. T_T

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on July 21, 2008, 09:45:24 PM
Luigi - Nope
Wario - Nope
King DDD - Nope
Lucas - Nope

No I don't. T_T
D:

What about Wolf?
You seemed good with him.

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: StarWindWizard7 on July 21, 2008, 09:47:20 PM
Luigi - Nope
Wario - Nope
King DDD - Nope
Lucas - Nope

No I don't. T_T
D:

What about Wolf?
Apparantly, I am. @.@ That was my first time playing him in multiplayer. XD

.:DL:.

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: darklink140 on July 21, 2008, 09:57:40 PM
Star, you up for a match?

I haven't brawled you in ages.
You me and someguy 13 need to fight again.
a las, I can't...
I'm going to go to bed.
Because of the medication I'm taking I cant stay up even this late to play,
my reactions slow down too much... :(

HTA!

Quote from: JrDude on July 21, 2008, 09:38:38 PM
Quote from: TamJammerz on July 21, 2008, 09:35:44 PM
Alright, I may suck but I like to fight nonetheless :P.
There are some basics that once learned make you decent with almost anybody.
Don't put yourself down, I'm making a new Tactics Guide soon as it is maybe you should check it out. :o

Timmy0591

HTA is right. If you know the basic techs and mechanics for the game, with a little memorization of the characters movesets you should do just fine. I use to be horrible in Melee, I was a Shiek user, all I did was Dodgeroll and C stick. When Brawl came online, I noticed I had alot to work on, and I still do. I learned how to SH, Sidestep, tilt, spacing with characters, character match-ups, characters weakness and strengths. KO moves, thats all you really need to be decent with someone.
My Brawl friend code is 1032-1000-8306.

Ridley

Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on July 21, 2008, 09:49:06 PM
Luigi - Nope
Wario - Nope
King DDD - Nope
Lucas - Nope

No I don't. T_T
D:

What about Wolf?

Um Lucas can rflect with his smash attack.
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

Ridley

Quote from: Timmy0591 on July 21, 2008, 10:45:04 PM
HTA is right. If you know the basic techs and mechanics for the game, with a little memorization of the characters movesets you should do just fine. I use to be horrible in Melee, I was a Shiek user, all I did was Dodgeroll and C stick. When Brawl came online, I noticed I had alot to work on, and I still do. I learned how to SH, Sidestep, tilt, spacing with characters, character match-ups, characters weakness and strengths. KO moves, thats all you really need to be decent with someone.

I got my basics down so I practice more advance techniques. Some are listed here. :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=183492
...Friend codes were probably implemented by the same people who wanted tripping in Brawl...
...It's quite obvious...

StarWindWizard7

Quote from: Ridley on July 22, 2008, 03:41:27 AM
Quote from: Dr.Hobo2 on July 21, 2008, 09:49:06 PM
Luigi - Nope
Wario - Nope
King DDD - Nope
Lucas - Nope

No I don't. T_T
D:

What about Wolf?

Um Lucas can rflect with his smash attack.
His Lucas isn't on that "level" of reflectivity by using the Stick yet.

Ehm...well I guess, I never fought his Lucas before.
:P

Gamree

Okay, answering some things a few pages back...

Quote from: darklink140 on July 21, 2008, 08:37:15 PM
Gamree, you want to Brawl?

I requested a match a few pages back but... :x

Heh, yeah, sorry about that.  I actually added you and went online to wait for you shortly after you requested a match, but I guess I forgot to post a reply.  Lol, sorry, my bad.

Quote from: Timmy0591 on July 21, 2008, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: MasterYoungLink on July 21, 2008, 06:00:30 PM
I'm holding a room, open, should anyone be interested. :)

You should add me.

Gamree, You really need to brush up your act, especially on your Luigi. All you do, which is suspected especially with Pikachu and Luigi, is spam fireballs and C stick with them. It doesn't make you look good, and I refused to call you a worthy opponent because of it. You don't know how many good tilts alot of your characters have and much better they are then the smashes to rack up damage. Remember, Smashes are for KOs, not a basic damage builder.

Yeah, I admit, I like to C-stick sometimes, maybe too much sometimes.  But my tactics change with the person I'm facing.  Luigi's Fireballs worked well against you, so I kept using them when I saw fit to.  Usually I don't use his fireballs since the majority of the people I face have no trouble getting around them and it leaves me wide open after pretty much using such a weak attack, but your playing style made you open to them, and I used them to continually to keep you offguard.  Plus, they're his only long range attack, which, against your Wolf/Falco Laser (forgot who you were playing as), was all I had to hit you from a distance.  Luigi's tilts are too short for my liking except for his ftilt, and his smashes are longer reaching and can be just as fast.  Even if they prolong the fight, that's okay by me.  I think I'll stick to his smashes.

Not much to say with Pikachu.  I spam with him on purpose because that's the only way I know how to play as him.  I've tried playing competitively with him and making combos that did not appear spammatic, but he's just not as good at it as other characters.  He's a natural spamming, and many will agree on that.  So I'll say again, I spam with Pikachu, but I don't by any means say that I'm any better than the other player if I win using him.  I usually just use him if I feel like playing a "fun, non-competitive" match.

Tilts are harder for me to pull of online for some reason because of the odd lag on my side, therefore I use them less in online battles (also dependent on the character I'm using).  Faster at building up damage, maybe, but I'm still good with just the normal smashes.  See me as a worthy opponent or not, that's up to you, but as long as I can still beat you and have fun doing it, that's all fine by me.